The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for Administrative Assistant within European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM), according to the Terms of Reference below, to start on 1 October 2023.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Tudora - Starokozache BCP, Republic of Moldova
Job Type: Full-time (this is a full-time position requiring the selected candidate to live and work in the assigned field location)
Type of Appointment: Service Contract
Organizational unit: Field Team Tudora - Starokozache BCP
Subscriber monthly fee: EUR 1370 (net)
Expected duration of assignment: 01 October 2023 - 30 November 2023, with possibility of extension
Closing Date: 25 August 2023
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Team Leader and overall supervision of the Chief of Administration the incumbent assists in smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in the Republic of Moldova. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Finance Specialist, HR Specialist, Procurement Specialist and Security Assistant of the EUBAM Admin Unit Chisinau for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies, and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
1. Assure smooth operational running of the project by means of following IOM and EU established operational rules and procedures;
2. Participate in project activities preparation, implementation and follow up;
3. Provide logistical support (travel arrangements, including visas, tickets, etc.) to the EUBAM experts;
4. Collect, analyze, and prepare background information for the Mission;
5. Facilitate project audit, monitoring, evaluation, field visits, missions of the experts;
6. Prepare Mission and project related correspondence;
7. Maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc.
8. Participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of projects related files;
9. Contributing to the project annual and quarter work-plans preparation and reporting;
10. Assure that the progress reporting is done in timely and quality manner based on the requirements of the IOM, project donors and Mission management;
11. Facilitate project related training/learning activities;
12. Provide oral and written translations from English into Romanian or Russian and vice versa as required by the project;
13. Proofread and/or edit the project’s correspondence and other official documents;
14. Readily accept temporary assignments involving travelling to other EUBAM Offices or Units within the country of deployment on demand;
15. Ensure due care of premises, equipment, vehicles (including their spare parts, consumables, keys etc.), supplies and other property that is entrusted to him/her;
16. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
• University Degree in foreign languages, business administration, international relations or other related fields;
• At least 4 years of progressive experience, preferably in international environment;
• Fluency in both oral and written English, Romanian, and Russian languages is required;
• Experience with technical assistance projects is an asset;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems;
• Physical aptness and willingness to travel and accept temporary assignments in other EUBAM Offices or Units within the country of deployment.
Email your IOM Personal History form (http://eubam.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Personal-History-Form.xls) and cover letter in English to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please accurately submit all tabs in PHF.
Please note that personnel for the FT Tudora - Starokozache BCP is expected to be located in Causeni, Republic of Moldova. EUBAM transportation to the BCP will be provided.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications 25 August 2023; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
The candidates who applied for this position earlier in June-July 2023 will be considered automatically, there is no need to re-apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Selectare expert/ă în educație media
- Driver/Clerk (Sofer) - UNDP Moldova/Green Transition Project
- Smm manager / copywritter
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on GBV, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- America House Chișinău angajează Manager Evenimente
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert coordonator responsabil de reglementarea evidenței contabile în BNM
- USAID/Moldova Job Vacancy Announcement - Voucher Examiner
- Driver / Administrative Clerk - UNDP Moldova/PRIM Project
- Project Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - UNDP Moldova/PBF Project