Office Manager (full time)
Internews in Moldova
Type of Appointment:
As soon as possible
12 months (with a possible extension upon the availability of funding and satisfactory performance)
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova / Hybrid Work
Closing date for Applications:
June 15, 2023
Office Manager Summary
The Office Manager will be under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, responsible for ensuring effective office management throughout the entire lifecycle of the Internews projects in Moldova, the administrative activities to facilitate the smooth running of the office in compliance with donor and Internews rules and regulations.
The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations, administrative duties, and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Manager will create and maintain a professional work environment, and ensure a high level of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety.
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Organize office operations and procedures including procurement for the office.
- Address employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g., stationery, hardware, and travel arrangements).
- Arrange meetings, invitations, registrations, and other activities for Internews' visitors, guests, delegations, and partners.
- Organize the office layout and order stationery and equipment.
- Manage contracts and price negotiations with office vendors and office service providers.
- Draft and maintain office supplies budget and projections.
- Maintaining office vacation schedules, personal time, and sick leaves.
- Keep a record of office supplies.
- Oversee proper conditions for office equipment usage.
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, and security services.
- Maintain the office and arrange necessary repairs.
- Coordinate with the IT department on all office equipment.
- Maintain close contact with finance department to ensure that all office management operations are effectuated in accordance with the local legislation and Internews regulation.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail/correspondence, and document and distribute administrative policies.
- Maintain and manage the Health & Safety practices and manual.
- Provide backup support during the absence of the program assistant.
- At least two years of work experience in a similar position (preferably in international organizations or NGOs).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or related field required or experience working with USAID-funded programs, preferred.
- Experience in document management and organization of office operations.
- Experience in bookkeeping and understanding of procurement procedures.
- Knowledge of PC Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in coordinating travel arrangements and logistical support.
- Basic knowledge of Moldova’s Labor Code, job safety rules, industrial hygiene and fire security.
- Knowledge of English, Romanian and Russian languages.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems, and make decisions within the job scope.
- Track record of vendor service and effective people skills.
- Good understanding of processes, policies and procedures required for supporting an organization.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, and CV including two references to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, COB, June 15, 2023, 6:00 p.m.
Please include “Office Manager” in the subject line. For any additional questions please contact Internews in Moldova office: +373 60500570.
Internews is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Please note that Internews in Moldova office will only respond to those applicants selected for an interview.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Norwegian Refugee Council is looking for ICLA Officer Moldova Chisinau
- A.O. The Moldova Project angajează operator introducere date
- Reach/Acted is hiring Enumerator/Statistician in Chisinau
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui expert (e) în livrarea unei sesiuni de instruire privind scrierea de proiecte și accesarea de granturi pentru ONG-urile membre URONPIC
- Extended deadline: Helvetas is hiring Team Leader
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA6) - Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- Project Procurement Assistant (NPSA-5) -UNDP Moldova/EU4Moldova: focal Programme
- National Programme Officer (SB4.4) on HIV/AIDS prevention and care
- Driver (G2) Roster Call - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Social media manager and videographer