WeWorld is an Italian organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Italian member of ChildFund Alliance, global network for the defense of children's rights and present in 27 countries.
The outbreak of the war in Ukraine has put millions of people at risk: WeWorld took action immediately to provide aid to refugees fleeing the war in Ukraine to find refuge in Moldova. The main sectors of intervention are child protection, psycho-social support mainly to women and children, distribution of hygiene, food and non-food items, and education in emergency, livelihood and social cohesion.
Position: English Teacher
Duty station: Chisinau, Moldova
Work schedule: Part time
Starting date: as soon as possible
Application closing date: 9.06.2023
The English Teacher will work under the supervision of the Program Coordinator.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organise Basic and Intermediate English Language Courses for Children and Adolescents
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons efficiently, in order to successfully incorporate the full duration of each lesson
- Develop and issue educational content including notes, tests, and assignments
- Evaluate and document progress and performance
DEGREE OF EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in English as a Second language or relevant fields of English literature, and teaching
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience as a teacher/instructor in English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Certification/licenses in teaching English to speakers of other languages. OR
- Certificate of teaching English as a foreign language
- In-depth knowledge in developing teaching curriculum
- Experience working in crisis/post-conflict areas is desirable
- Fluent in Russian and/or Ukrainian languages is highly desirable
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Email)
- Be innovative, flexible and able to provide clear advice to counterparts as to methods and approaches to overcome difficulties, if encountered
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure
Please note that the interview will be conducted in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The work schedule and other details will be discussed with the employer during the interview.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their updated CV (or Resume) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th of June 2023.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Ecological Counseling Center Cahul, Select a company of services for the closing event of the project Consolidation of Climate Change Adaptation Measures in the Biosphere Reserve "Lower Prut".
- Centrul Universitar Francofon din cadrul Departamentului Cooperare Internațională USM anunță concurs pentru funcția de Asisitent Logistică/Evenimente și Comunicare
- Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Procurement Specialist for USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA) project
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Legal Consultant in regulation of food service industry sector
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - The Swiss-UNDP project “Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova” (PRIM)
- CRS Moldova is hiring Finance Assistant
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Associate - Energy, Environment and Climate Change Cluster
- Termen extins: Centrul Național de Prevenire a Abuzului față de Copii anunță concurs pentru angajarea unui asistent(ă) social(ă) la Barnahus
- UNDP Moldova: Security Guard (NPSA3) - Common Services Account Project
- Policy Specialist