National Procurement and Materials Management Officer (NP1) - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Moldova
- Requisition ID: MOL000035
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: NP1
- Job Level: National Professional
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: MOL - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Issue Date: May 25, 2023
- Closing Date: Jun 7, 2023
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration Unit (CFA), the incumbent will ensure that procurement; materials management, building maintenance and transport support of the Mission to Moldova (MtM) are provided and implemented according to the CRMS. He/she will be responsible for implementing internal control systems to ensure proper transparency and accountability as well as cost efficiency in materials management operations for the Office. The incumbent also leads the risk assessment exercise to ensure proactive and efficient mitigation of possible risks to the MtM in the area of material management.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the CFA, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
Planning and managing all procurement activities of the MtM, ensures that all of them are carried out according to OSCE procurement rules and local economic conditions – in detail:
- Contributing to the budget of all Mission's projects;
- Initiating, conducting and managing procurement operations for establishing and maintaining local window contracts;
- Conducts tenders in compliance with tender procedures of OSCE; prepares technical specifications/terms of reference, if needed, completes the bidding documents, performs administrative, technical and financial evaluation of received bids and prepares the bid evaluation report;
- Preparing of request for price quotation, performing administrative, technical and financial evaluation of received offers, and preparing evaluation reports;
- Selection and contracting of all MtM Implementing Partners;
- Organization of high-level programs’ related thematic events;
- Reviewing purchase requisitions (PRs) and creating purchase orders (POs) in Oracle with a value over 5,000 EUR following the requirements of the Common Regulatory Management System (CRMS); performing regular reconciliation and final closure of POs;
- Considering and approving of evaluation results of tenders for procurements below 10,000 EUR;
- Approving purchase orders in ORACLE with a value up to 5,000 EUR.
- Advising the Chief of Fund Administration Unit and Head of the Mission to Moldova on consistent application of the organizational policies on material management;Making proposals for standardization and the most rational requirements and conditions for the equipment/assets and establishes scope of services for relevant service/maintenance contracts;
- Advising on life expectations for the assets/materials to be purchased by the MtM;
- Ensuring optimal utilization/disposal of surplus or obsolete materials and equipment;
- Ensuring that regular physical verifications and annual inventories of the Office assets are done appropriate and in line with the regulations;
- Overseeing proper registration of all assets ORACLE inventory module, their proper warehousing and storage.
- Coordinating and providing optimal logistical support to the Office;
- Supporting the CFA on the day-to-day management of the vehicle fleet, managing maintenance and ensuring accurate vehicle records;
- Providing support to the CFA and National Finance Officer in budget planning for fleet and premise management expenditures;
- Supervising maintenance, repair and facilities management of all office premises;
- Supervising travel operations of the MtM including visas;
- Supervising the work of Procurement Assistant, Asset Management Assistant, Senior Driver/Dispatcher, 2 Drivers, Cleaners.
Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-moldova.
- First level university degree in business administration, supply chain management, law, engineering, economics or other relevant field;
- A valid driving license and ability to drive vehicles using manual transmission;
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience in any of the four main areas of responsibilities: supply chain management, procurement, asset management, or premise management;
- Professional fluency in English, Romanian and Russian;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction is EUR 1,664. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Please note that appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
Please note that CVs and other applications submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form will not be reviewed. Applications received after the deadline, submitted without reference to the vacancy number or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, management resurse umane
- Relansare: Manager, Centrul de monitorizare a traficului
- Junior Internal Auditor
- The U.S. Embassy is hiring a Shipping and Travel Assistant
- Creative Industries Association in Moldova Executive Director
- APSCF contractează prestator de servicii de consultanță privind elaborarea politicii de salarizare
- Medic reabilitolog
- Key Account Sales Manager
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al serviciului relații externe și integrare europeană
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - Enhancing democracy in Moldova through inclusive and transparent elections (phase II) Project