UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy 'Engineer for Barnahus-type services'
UNICEF Moldova is looking to engage a Technical Engineer (or similar) Individual Consultant to facilitate the infrastructure development or/and refurbishment for the Barnahus-type services in Cahul, Tiraspol, and Chisinau.
Qualifications and experience:
- A university degree is required in civil engineering, construction engineering, architecture, or other relevant area.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience, at the national and/or international levels, in technical projects’ assessment, design, monitoring and site supervision, quality assurance and/or other directly related technical fields is required;
- Previous experience in designing and supervising construction/ refurbishment projects (at least one project);
- Good analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to supervise and guide teams of technical staff, as well as manage and monitor the effective use of resources;
- Good knowledge and understanding of UNICEF programmes, procurement principles, financial and legal aspects of construction issues, ethics and risk management of construction projects is an asset;
- Previous experience in working with UN Agencies on a similar assignment is an asset.
- Excellent command of oral and written Romanian necessary to interact and communicate with the LPAs and implementing institutions.
- Advanced command of written/spoken English is preferable.
HOW TO APPLY: To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNICEF webpage
Extended application deadline: 8 June 2023
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants from under-represented groups will be given priority in case of equal qualification. UNICEF is committed to reasonably accommodate the working environment for the persons with disabilities.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Specialist (inginer), direcția control implementare în cadrul Oficiului Național de Dezvoltare Regională și Locală
- Procurement Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- Angajăm Șef/ă Centrul de Tineret Botanica
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- Specialist tehnic Proiectul de Dezvoltare a Sistemului Electroenergetic
- Project Associate (SB3.3)
- Extended: UN Women Programme Associate (Open for Moldova Nationals Only)
- CRS Moldova is hiring Project Assistant Cash for Rent
- Centrul CONTACT anunță un concurs pentru funcție Manager/ă de Proiect
- UNDP Moldova: Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme