Council of Europe Office in Chisinau is hiring a Financial Assistant
Do you have experience in the financial field? Would you like to contribute to the activities of an International Organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
As a Financial Assistant you will:
- ensure that all financial transactions of the Office are carried out in accordance with Council of Europe financial regulations, rules and procedures;
- advise and assist in financial, administrative and budgetary matters;
- prepare records and processes financial transactions, including in particular, input of requisitions and purchase orders into the financial management informations system (FIMS) and their finalisation;
- verify and control invoices before settlement;
- ensure regular follow-up of budget execution and prepare monthly reports of budget situation for information and validation by the relevant cost centre managers;
- provide accurate financial information; draw immediate attention to discrepancies and irregularities;
- follow up work or activities in progress and report to the supervisor, especially when problems occur;
- liaise with officials of local banks and financial institutions to obtain information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations for office bank accounts;
- prepare regular management accounting reports and statements and transmit them to headquarters;
- archive relevant supporting documents of all financial transactions;
- carry out customs and tax exemption and VAT reimbursement procedures;
- provide logistical support to the Office (requisitioning of supplies from headquarters, local purchases, issuing of supplies, preparing purchase orders and tender procedures);
- provide assistance and perform reception duties, receiving visitors and phone calls in the absence of the Office Assistant;
- contribute to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with the Head of Office and the Deputy Head of Office;
- promote Council of Europe values internally and externally.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a completed full course of general secondary education, followed by a post-secondary diploma corresponding to a minimum of two years studies in accountancy, finance, economics or management;
- have a minimum of three years’ relevant professional experience in financial management, administrative management or management accounting; experience in preparing accounting or finance reports;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of English;
- be a citizen of the host country or one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe and fulfil the conditions for appointment to the civil service of that state;
- have discharged any obligation concerning national service (military, civil or comparable);
- not be the parent, child, stepchild or grandchild of a serving staff member of the Council of Europe;
- be under the age of 65 years.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies:
- Professional and technical expertise:
- good knowledge of accounting techniques preferably of suppliers accounting and knowledge and experience in the relevant regulations and practices in force;
- sound and proven experience in dealing with financial management;
- experience in administrative duties;
- ability to work under pressure, deal with multiple tasks and respect deadlines;
- ICT skills: sound computer skills and proven experience of specific financial management software (e.g. Oracle) and knowledge of standard tools in office applications (word processing, spreadsheet, data bases, presentation software, Outlook).
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Planning and work organisation
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for quality
- Results orientation
- Service orientation
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contracts at grade B3. Employment is limited to 31/12/2023 and may be extended. You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of € 1400,94 which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation. You will be affiliated to a pension scheme and social and medical insurance. You will also benefit from 32 working days leave per year and other advantages (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.).
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 06 June 2023 (midnight Paris time). You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system on: www.coe.int/jobs. Please fill out the form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill it in, so please take this information into consideration while applying.
More details here.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Termen extins: APSCF contractează prestator servicii de consultanță privind elaborarea politicii de salarizare
- Fundația Soros Moldova angajează Ofițer/Ofițeră de Programe în domeniul Justiției
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al Direcției consolidarea supravegherii financiare
- CRS Moldova is hiring Accountability and Safeguarding Assistant
- Communications Officer
- CRS Moldova is hiring Senior Finance Officer
- Operations Assistant (Field Support) – IOM Moldova
- Platforma pentru Inițiative de Securitate și Apărare (PISA) și Centrul de la Geneva pentru Guvernarea Sectorului de Securitate (DCAF) angajează experți/te care să contribuie la un Raport privind guvernarea sectorului de securitate în Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal în raportări
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, Direcţia decontări interbancare