SCOPE OF WORK
Position: Legal Consultant (further Consultant)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: June 2023 – February 2024
Total Level of Effort: up to 35 days
Work Plan Activity: Sub-Task: 1.3.1 Data exchange between ANTA and Border Police
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reform Activity (MISRA) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Nathan Associates Inc. MISRA’s objective is to stimulate a sustainable and inclusive recovery from the regional crisis, improve the institutional, business, and trade enabling environment in Moldova by supporting Moldova’s public institutions and the private sector to accelerate the implementation of trade liberalization mechanisms, adopt structural and investment climate reforms, accelerate financial sector reforms, improve economic governance in the public sector, and enhance strategic communications between the private and public actors. MISRA builds on prior and ongoing USAID and US Government activities in the business enabling environment and trade facilitation space to strengthen Moldova’s economic growth and resilience, and by doing so, increase transparency and accountability.
The main objective of the Component 1 “Strengthening Public Economic Governance Institutions for Resilience and Accountability” is to support public institutions to implement streamlined procedures and systems, interagency coordination and good governance, and digitalization to improve transparency, public service delivery, and access to information.
USAID provided support to the National Agency for Road Transport (ANTA) and Moldovan Customs Service (MCS) for implementation of data exchange between the institutions for improving control of freight transport authorizations at the border. Similarly, ANTA would like to establish a data exchange with the Border Police via the interoperability platform, MConnect, for passenger transport, for which it has requested support from MISRA. The goal is to eliminate opportunities for fraud in authorizations for passenger transport, and at the same time to enable ANTA to monitor usage of the authorizations. However, prior to proceeding with the data exchange, ANTA and the Border Police request MISRA’s support with amending several legal/normative acts, like the Road Transport Code, the Law No. 215/2011 on the State Border of the Republic of Moldova, Government Decision No. 297/2017 implementing this law, and Government Decision 834/2008 on the Border Police Integrated Information System.
Under this Scope of Work, the Consultant will provide support to ANTA and the Border Police with amending the above-mentioned legal and normative acts, as well as preparing supporting documentation, such as an Informative Note, Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA), and Table of Divergences.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Consultant will be responsible for carrying-out the following tasks:
- Draft the necessary amendments to the above-mentioned legal/normative acts, as well as the supporting documentation (e.g., Informative Note, RIA, Table of Divergences).
- Adjust amendments to the legal/normative acts and supporting documentation based on consultations with related institutions and private sector stakeholders as appropriate.
- Support the Border Police and ANTA in promoting respective amendments for approval, e.g., by GoM/Parliament, etc.
- Draft of proposed amendments to legal/normative acts and supporting documentation, as noted above, by August 25, 2023.
- Adjusted draft amendments and documentation based on consultations.
- Final draft of proposed amendments and supporting documents, by November 30, 2023.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Law or Public Policy.
- At least 10 years of experience in providing legal advice to governmental institutions and preparing legal/normative documents, including supporting documentation such as Informative Note, RIA, etc.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Solid verbal, written and presentation skills, and a technical mindset.
- Fluency in written and spoken Romanian language.
Supervisory Responsibilities and Reporting
The Consultant will report to the Lead of Component 1.
How to Apply
We welcome your CV and preferably cover letter at Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com. Please apply by May 25, with “Legal Consultant to support data exchange” between ANTA and Border Police” in the subject line. This short-term position will remain open until filled.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de evaluarea riscurilor aferente bunurilor mobile/imobile
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert coordonator responsabil de reglementarea evidenței contabile în BNM
- Extinderea termenului de depunere a dosarelor la concursul de selectare a unei companii pentru prestarea serviciilor de evidență contabilă
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova: Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- Profesor formator de artă
- Asistentă medicală
- Institutul de Instruire în Dezvoltare „MilleniuM” caută lucrător/ lucrătoare de tineret
- Координатор Детского Центра Цифрового Обучения, неполный рабочий день, Анений Ной
- Asociația Obștească CCF Moldova anunță concurs de selectare unui sociolog