Programme Manager on Administrative data and Generations and Gender Survey is responsible for effective planning, coordination and implementation of the interventions for scaling up the use of administrative data in official statistics and coordination of preparatory and data collection of the 2nd wave of the Generation and Gender Survey as part of the “Moving from traditional to a register-based statistical system, resilient to humanitarian and emergency shocks” of UNFPA Moldova Country Office funded by the India-UN Development Partnership Fund Project.
The Programme Manager contributes to achieving the Output 4 of the UNFPA Moldova Country Programme 2023 – 2027: Strengthened data systems and evidence-based policies that consider population dynamics and regional developments for building demographic resilience, and gender equality and to all other outputs of UNFPA Country programme as cross-cutting areas.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s Strategic Plan for 2022-2025, focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing its fourth Country Programme for 2023-2027, which is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2023 – 2027 for the Republic of Moldova.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff who embody these international norms and standards and will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire, and deliver high-impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, and exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to delivering excellence in project results.
Programme Manager on Administrative data and Generations and Gender Survey leads the effective implementation and ensures synergy of UNFPA programmatic interventions and advocacy efforts in scaling up the use of administrative data in official statistics and successfully completion of the 2nd wave of the Generation and Gender Survey. The incumbent is undertaking a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management, implementation, and monitoring of interventions and activities in close coordination and under the direct supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst on Population and Development. The Programme Manager will supervise the UNFPA Finance and Administrative Coordinator.
Programme Manager is closely working with the National Bureau of Statistics and the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, local public authorities, E-Government, civil society organizations, UN agencies, development partners, and donors, and other stakeholders working with and for data governance and demographic resilience.
As Programme Manager on Administrative data and Generations and Gender Survey, you would be responsible for:
A. Ensuring efficient project result-based management:
- Coordinating and managing day-to-day project implementation that leads to achieving the expected results in synergy and complementarity with other projects under the Population and Development Portfolio of UNFPA.
- Identifying key performance indicators as well as developing and maintaining a monitoring system to ensure effective information sharing, provision of feedback, and elaboration of top-quality progress reports.
- Within the strategic framework concerted with the national counterparts, preparing work plans reflecting the scope of activities, timing, sequencing, cost, and other inputs for implementing the project activities.
- Ensuring the effective management of human resources pertaining to the project, including staff, consultants, and experts; conducting periodic performance appraisals; building, leading, and motivating a solid team of professionals; validating terms of reference for international and national consultants, etc.
- Managing efficiently the financial resources of the project, including budgeting, as well as expenditure tracking and reporting.
- Coordinating the work of implementing partners related to the project.
- Performing necessary operations in corporate ERP system(s).
- Leading and ensuring the implementation of the project work plan according to UNFPA rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Applying human rights and gender equality principles in project planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Applying development-humanitarian-peace nexus in programming.
B. Ensuring efficient communication and collaboration with national and international counterparts:
- Liaising with the national and international counterparts (Netherland Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute), donors, and the UNFPA office to ensure that project results are achieved, and project resources are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring constructive regular communication, coordination, reporting to donors, supporting the project interventions, anticipating, and flagging any deviations from the work plans, and proposing solutions in coordination with UNFPA Programme Analyst on Population and Development.
- Supporting advocacy and resource mobilization strategy in the respective area by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events, supporting the project proposals development, etc.
- Building partnerships with national and local public authorities, private sector, civil society organizations, holders of administrative data and others.
- Leading and coordinating the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, trainings, study tours, and related activities relevant to the implementation of the project.
C. Ensuring high quality information and visibility of the project:
- Ensuring high-quality information and visibility of the project interventions and results to the mass media and stakeholders, including participation in TV shows.
- Advocating for and promoting project interventions by compiling and synthesizing relevant background materials, drafting project summaries, articles, publications, speeches, and presentations for delivery via journals, meetings, public events, and in other fora.
- Contributing to the creation and sharing of knowledge, by synthesizing and documenting findings, success stories, best practices, and lessons learned within the project area, to share with colleagues and partners, at the local and national levels.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership, which contribute to the project efficient implementation.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s Degree in informational technologies, economics, sociology, public management, population studies, law, and/or other related social science fields.
A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 (five) years of progressive working experience in management and implementation of projects and programmes and/or working in a relevant position to this post.
- Experience in working with data, development of informational solutions for public sector and population surveys is a very strong advantage.
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, and/or NGOs, is desired.
- Extensive experience in managing a multidisciplinary team and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant to Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian, or sign language is an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships,
- Delivering results-based programmes,
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
- Providing strategic vision and focus,
- Engaging internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people / Creating a culture of performance,
- Making decisions and exercising judgment.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters, or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic, or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 4 May 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/ELearning - 15705
- UPDATE - termen limită - 29 ianuarie - Dreamups angajează: Expert/ă în Managementul Administrativ
- GIZ - Financial and Administrative Specialist
- United Nations World Food Programme Moldova: Finance Associate SC6 (G6 level)
- Caritas Moldova is hiring Human Resources Officer
- Assistant (male/female) of the EU High Level Adviser on Financial Services
- WeWorld Moldova is looking for a MEAL Officer (M/W)
- Concurs de selectare a unui psiholog și a unui jurist/avocat în domeniul prevenirii violenței asupra femeilor în etate
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator secția prognoze
- Project Associate (SB3.3) - UNODC