The Personal Assistant (PA) provides critical senior level, administrative, secretarial and communications support, as a direct report of the Country Representative.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
As the key administrative support to the Country Representative, you will be responsible for maintaining full confidentiality, upholding protocol, managing information flow and following up on deadlines and commitments. You will also facilitate knowledge building and management; provide logistical support; support communications; and coordinate secretarial services.
You would be responsible for:
- Ensuring optimal communication flows between the Representative and the staff of the CO, as well as external counterparts. In consultation with other CO personnel, responding to requests for information, in a timely, discrete manner.
- Preparing documentation and presentations, including correspondence, briefs and reports, and researching and collating material to meet the Representative’s needs for official trips and meetings.
- Undertaking logistical, administrative and financial arrangements in consultation with the Operations Manager/ Operations Specialist, for meetings and workshops organised by the Representative’s Office.
- Coordinating the secretarial services of the CO, including briefing and training new secretaries, guiding other secretaries on office procedures, and distributing special administrative assignments.
- Managing the Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments; receiving high-ranking visitors/officials; and taking minutes as required.
- Managing all aspects of the Representative’s travel arrangements, including maintaining appropriate files and reports and monitoring the budget of the Representative’s Office;
- Assisting in the preparation and finalisation of the CO Office Management Plan, including the preparation of information translations, and acting as interpreter if required.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership, which contributes to the programme efficient implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in administration.
- Some experience in research assistance.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT financial systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organising and multitasking
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus cost of living adjustment, rental subsidy, education grant, home leave, health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 26 April 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on Gender/GBV, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția de specialist superior, Secția evaluare riscuri și analiză, Fondul pentru antreprenoriat și creștere economică a Moldovei
- OSCE Mission to Moldova is hiring Drivers (G2) Roster Call
- Financial Analyst Position - CILC Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza consilier juridic in Hagimus
- Centrul Regional de Dezvoltare Comunitară este în căutare de Fundraiser!
- Organizația HelpAge International contractează un formator/ o formatoare / o echipă de formatori sau o companie ce va presta servicii de instruire și consultanță privind dezvoltarea activităților generatoare de venituri pentru persoanele în etate
- HelpAge International contractează experți sau companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- Programme Associate TA (GS6) - OHCHR
- Green Transition Officer: Part-time: Online