Financial Sector - Investments Specialist
Position: Financial Sector / Investments Specialist
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity Program (MISRA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: March 2023 - through April 2027
Nathan Associates Inc. is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) seeks to support Moldova’s economic recovery, advance the Government of Moldova’s economic Action Plan, strengthen public economic governance institutions, improve the trade and investment enabling environment, and accelerate financial sector reforms and inclusiveness.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Financial Sector / Investments Specialist will work closely with the Financial Sector Reforms Component Lead, other specialists within the Component as well as external consultants. The team will assist Moldova’s financial sector regulators (National Bank of Moldova and National Commission for Financial Markets) in creating an enabling environment for Moldova’s financial development. The Specialist will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Evaluate and propose recommendations for improving the legal framework required for operations of investment funds, crowdfunding, angel investing and other equity-based instruments
- Analyze and produce analytical papers on alternative investments schemes in Moldova
- Cooperate with the NCFM and capital market participants to design policy interventions for developing Moldova’s capital markets
- Assist the Government in issuing a Sovereign Eurobond
- Develop the concept for an export guarantee fund targeting SMEs
- Contribute to the design of the program and weekly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements for USAID and to local counterparts
- Support other project related activities, as necessary
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Economics or Law
- At least 3 years of experience in the financial sector in positions such as financial analyst, bank’s product manager, securities specialist, corporate finance, or other relevant roles
- Good knowledge of Moldova’s financial sector regulations and infrastructure, including capital markets operations
- Knowledge of Moldova’s national financial market infrastructures will be considered an advantage
- Experience in consulting or donor funded technical assistance projects will be considered an advantage
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Fluency preferred in English and Romanian, speaking and writing.
The Senior Financial Sector Specialist will report to the Component 3 Lead - Financial Sector Reforms.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements above and you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter (one page maximum) and a CV (three pages maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applying for Financial Sector Specialist” in the subject line. The deadline to apply is February 10th, 2023.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- CIVIS - Operatori de interviu la telefon și față în față
- Centrul de Informații GENDERDOC-M anunță concursul de angajare pentru funcția de Manager financiar
- Financial Manager: "Construction of Balti and Cahul Regional Hospitals" Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant strategie și proiecte
- DGPDC angajează psiholog / psihologă în cadrul Serviciului social ,,Centrul maternal de plasament pentru cuplul mamă-copil”
- Concurs de selectare a unui expert/expertă sau grup de experți în consolidarea capacităților a 10 Întreprinderi Sociale
- Nathan Associates Inc. is hiring a Human Resources Manager
- OO "Женский клуб "Голубка" приглашает (срочно!) эксперта/тренера для проведения тренинга по адвокаси в городе Басарабяска
- APSCF contractează servicii de consultanță privind elaborarea Manualului operațional de gestiune a programelor APSCF și a proiectelor de sub-grant
- Caritas Moldova is hiring Communications Specialist