The International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group (WBG), is looking to recruit the Sustainable Finance Specialist, as a short-term consultant, to help develop sustainable finance initiatives in Europe.
Specifically, the Consultant shall work with Management and Project teams to undertake the following tasks:
- ∙Communicate with managers of financial institutions and contribute to the delivery of IFC advisory services related to all aspects of Sustainable Finance development: diagnostic, sustainable strategy, ESG, climate risk management, Paris Agreement alignment, sustainable business lines & products, green bonds, climate impact accounting and reporting.
- Contribute to the implementation of deliverables within the framework of IFC advisory work with financial institutions.
- Conduct research and collect information on sustainable/climate projects from different sources of information.
- Develop reports, presentations, other materials with analysis, recommendations, and action plan for each aspect of Sustainable Finance advisory work.
- Develop research papers, reports, brochures, presentations, training materials, workshops and promotional materials to develop Sustainable Finance.
- Contribute to the design and organization of online and offline trainings/workshops and other events to support Sustainable Finance advisory work with clients.
- Work with the other team members and consultants, undertake research, gathering statistics, and contributing to studies to develop Sustainable Finance projects.
- Conduct monitoring of climate projects financed by financial institutions, collect and systematize corresponding data.
- Perform other duties, such as presentation and training of the above programs and others as requested by the Program Manager.
DURATION AND LENGTH OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The length of this assignment is estimated at 70 working days between January 9, 2023 till June 30, 2023. Contract is available for renewal subject to project need and performance.
JOB LOCATION : countries of the Europe Region (Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Balkan countries, Moldova, Ukraine)
- A degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Climate/Environmental Studies with focus on sustainable finance, climate change, green sectors or related field;
- Excellent command of English;
- It is desirable to have some experience in sustainable/climate projects with private industry, financial institutions or developmental agency;
- Good understanding of the global climate change agenda and climate change impact;
- It is desirable to understand climate change policy framework, structure, key stakeholders and market players;
- Client oriented, skills to think strategically and propose new ideas;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Strong editing, formatting, and designing skills;
- Fast thinking, ability to learn new information quickly, and ability to respond proactively and timely manner;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work flexibly and under deadline pressure at times on a range of assignments, and adjust to and prioritize a variety of complex evolving tasks;
- Ability to provide administrative, communications, and research support to the team;
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written/communication skills in English are essential.
Professionals who meet the selection criteria may submit their CV and a cover letter to Tetiana Mokhnach (email@example.com) by December 16, 2022.