The International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group (WBG), is looking to recruit the Senior Sustainable Finance Specialist, as a short-term consultant to help develop sustainable finance initiatives in Europe.
Specifically, the Consultant shall work with Management and Project teams to undertake the following tasks:
- Communicate and promote sustainable finance with financial institution leadership, supervise and lead IFC advisory services related to all aspects of Sustainable Finance development: diagnostic, sustainable strategy, ESG, climate risk management, Paris Agreement alignment, sustainable business lines & products, green bonds, climate impact accounting and reporting.
- Negotiate and draft project services agreements/cooperation agreements with key partners for the successful implementation of Sustainable Finance advisory services.
- Lead communication with clients for the successful implementation of assigned advisory service, including pitch negotiation, contract signing, calls and meetings, team coordination, quality check of deliverables, preparation of recommendations and action plans, follow-up steps.
- Develop reports, presentations, other materials with analysis, recommendations, and action plan for each aspect of Sustainable Finance advisory work.
- Conduct research and collect information on sustainable/green projects from different sources of information. Develop research papers, reports, brochures, presentations, trainings, workshops and promotional materials to develop Sustainable Finance.
- Design, organize and conduct online and offline trainings/workshops and other events to support Sustainable Finance advisory work with clients.
- Work with the other team members/consultants, conduct research, gathering statistics, and contributing to studies to develop Sustainable Finance projects.
- Engage with the relevant teams at the World Bank and IFC for reforms needed to unlock new markets and work collaboratively with Upstream teams.
- Conduct monitoring of climate projects financed by financial institutions, collect and systematize corresponding data.
- Perform other duties, such as presentation and training of the above programs and others as requested by the Program Manager.
DURATION AND LENGTH OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The length of this assignment is estimated at 70 working days between January 9, 2023 till June 30, 2023. Contract is available for renewal subject to project need and performance.
JOB LOCATION : countries of the Europe Region (Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Balkan countries, Moldova, Ukraine)
- A degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Climate/Environmental Studies with focus on sustainable finance, climate change, green sectors or related field;
- Excellent command of English;
- It is desirable to have some experience in sustainable/climate projects with private industry, financial institutions or developmental agency;
- Good understanding of the global climate change agenda and climate change impact;
- It is desirable to understand climate change policy framework, structure, key stakeholders and market players;
- Client oriented, skills to think strategically and propose new ideas;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Strong editing, formatting, and designing skills;
- Fast thinking, ability to learn new information quickly, and ability to respond proactively and timely manner;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work flexibly and under deadline pressure at times on a range of assignments, and adjust to and prioritize a variety of complex evolving tasks;
- Ability to provide administrative, communications, and research support to the team;
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written/communication skills in English are essential.
Professionals who meet the requirements may submit their CV and a cover letter to Tetiana Mokhnach (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 16, 2022.