REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES COMPETITIVENESS PROJECT
Sector: General industry and trade sector
IDA Credit No. 71740
IBRD Loan No. 94230
Project ID No. P177895
Reference No. MD-CEP-325014-CS-INDV
The Republic of Moldova has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Competitiveness Project (MSME) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include technical advisory support to the State Chancellery and the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in managing, coordinating and monitoring the implementation of the Inspection sub-component of the MSME project, namely support and coordination with inspection bodies and overseeing the implementation of the inspection sub-component under the World Bank Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Competitiveness Project (MSME).
The Terms of Reference (TOR) for the primary procurement stage for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
The Project Implementation Unit of the MSME Competitiveness Project now invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- Academic degree in law and or economics.
- Good knowledge in the fields of business regulation, including inspections specifically those related to food safety, environment and market surveillance.
- Deep understanding of the Moldovan inspection infrastructure and experience in working within or with the Moldovan inspection system.
- Proven experience in drafting national laws and regulations both for public and private sector.
- Proven track record in writing analytical reports for regulatory bodies, government working groups or international development organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken, in Romanian and English.
- Excellent time management, teamwork, meeting management, and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Framework Agreement arrangements described in the Procurement Regulations and to be specifically set out in the Request for submission of the technical and financial proposal.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by December 15, 2022.
Project Implementation Unit of the MSME Competitiveness Project
Attn. Mr. Aureliu Casian, Executive Director
180, Stefan cel Mare Ave., office 815, MD-2004, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Tel: + 373 22 296-723; + 373 22 296-724;