People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest reliefs and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
Logistic and Procurement Manager is member of country programme support staff who manages the operations of entire country programme and its offices and guesthouses in a way that the programmes´ objectives can be effectively delivered. The Logistic and Procurement Manager is responsible for proper procurement processes.
- Overseeing identification of suitable and reliable suppliers, vendors, providers, and contractors of goods and services in support of programme implementation in accordance with PIN procurement guidelines;
- In cooperation with HoSO maintains measures to secure anti-corruption, transparence, and cost efficiency perception of country programme procurement;
- Oversees negotiations with local suppliers and contract management.
- Following PIN´s Code of Conduct and the Key PIN Policies and educate his/her team on this matter, especially in relation to procurement;
- Together with programme responsible staff, reviews project (and its timeframes) to set and adjust logistical and procurement solutions according to their needs;
- Advises on procurement procedures in project´s procurement planning stage;
- Coordinates and supports programme objectives through timely procurement of goods and services;
- Coordinates and supports deliveries and distributions from warehouse;
- Oversees effective transport planning and utilizations of PIN vehicles.
Logistic and Administration:
- Ensures safe, efficient, and cost-effective transport for staff and materials/goods;
- In line with PIN´s Logistic handbook and process manuals, establishes accountable and functional supply chain logistic and warehousing systems;
- Ensures effective stock management, stock record keeping, and inventory;
- Ensures rational vehicle utilization, maintenance, fuel consumption monitoring and controls systems;
- Oversees smooth supply delivery to implementation sides;
- Coordinates, supports, and supervises field offices´ operationality;
- Cares for the technical aspect of the country programme, including offices and IT, takes initiative to innovative soluitions and improvement of operation;
- Oversees office and guesthouse management and all related services;
- Monitors operational spending, so the cost effectivity is secured.
- strong professional background in logistic & procurement
- of 3 years of experiences in management position
- experiences with leading a team
- experiences with working within (i)NGO welcomed
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian required.
competencies: flexibility, dynamic approach, decision-making ability, high level of coordination
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references (could be included the supervisor in the most recent work assignment).
The above shall be sent to the following address: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/5D58DFAFD5/apply/
Deadline for applications: December 05th, 2022, by COB.
The applicants will be invited for interviews on the rolling basis. Application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analysing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keeping such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending an according notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.