Position / Title: Legislative Affairs Expert
Report to: Executive Director
Time: 80 hrs monthly, part time
Alliance of Small and Medium Enterprises from Moldova(AIM) is a membership-based organization composing of over 70 SMEs. Our mission is to advance and protect the general welfare and prosperity of small and medium-sized businesses and those doing business with small & medium-sized businesses in the Republic of Moldova, so that the business community and its citizens shall prosper.
AIM announce the open call for legislative affairs expert for the project ‘Empower local SMEs to overcome the crisis’, financed by the Center for International Private Enterprise.
Project duration: 9 months November 2021 - July 2022
- To strengthen AIM’s role as the leading organization representing SMEs by collecting SMEs ' challenges and advocating for better business regulatory reforms.
- To enable small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Moldova to develop and institutionalize business integrity and anti-corruption compliance standards.
- To create grassroots pressure by raising awareness about SMEs issues and importance through strategic communication and consultation support.
Terms of Reference
Currently AIM’s advocacy initiatives are represented by the Executive Director through the Prime Minister’s Economic Council and other state consultative bodies. This position will assist in advancing AIM’s advocacy Agenda. Specific responsabilities will include:
- Act as a legal watchdog. Weekly monitoring of the legal initiatives of all regulatory bodies: the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova, Ministries and Government agencies.
- Releasing a weekly monitoring report, addressing the main events and related laws/normative documents for the economic sector.
- Advocacy and policy. Developing policy proposals in collaboration with SMEs members, partners, and the wider Moldovan SME community. Each proposal will describe one challenge the SMEs are facing in Moldova and will propose a solution.
- Participation in the public meetings that will address SMEs issues on the Economic Council under the Prime Minister and Consultative Council of SMEs
- Assit AIM to support and promote the policy proposals and track the progress.
Skills / Experience
- Experience in legislative advocacy work in the Republic of Moldova
- Background in Law
- Strong verbal and written skills in Romanian
- Communicative skills in English and Russian
- Interpersonal skills - must be outgoing and comfortable networking and making diverse contacts
- Objectivity - AIM is a non-partisan organization. In order to work in this capacity you must be devoted to representing the interests of AIM and Small Business without political bias or favor
- Passion about economic development, transparency and the future of these issues in Moldova
- Experience in Small Business issues
- A strong personal network in Moldova Civil Society and Government
Email a resume / CV to Liliana Busuioc, AIM Executive Director - firstname.lastname@example.org, application deadline is November 30th.