Roles and responsibilities
The role of the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is to lead the strategic direction and quality assurance of monitoring and evaluation in the country office. The M&E Manager should design and implement a strategy, SOPs, and budget for M&E which ensures the Counry Office (CO) is meeting and exceeding M&E minimum standards. Plan for and generates the evidence and learning required to feed into programme and strategic decision-making. In addition to expanding the country office’s research portfolio and overseeing evaluations, the M&E Manager will also be responsible for establishing an information management strategy, SOP and overseeing the development of digital solutions for programme beneficiary databases and the use of business intelligence tools for programme and project monitoring.
- Design, lead, and manage Country Office and programme level monitoring and evaluation systems ensuring the learning is integrated, accurate and relevant. Ensure the findings and M&E systems are institutionalized.
- Provide leadership and support to Area Managers and M&E Officers in planning and standardizing M&E systems across area offices.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including through theory of change development, log frame design, and budgeting for M&E
- Support Head of Programmes (HOP) in setting up and implementing systems for tracking management responses
- Lead on evaluations and manage the capture and dissemination of lessons learned from monitoring data, grants meetings, CO evaluations, programme studies, and NRC annual learning review (global).
- Participate in Country Strategy Process to ensure M&E is a high priority in the country programme
- Develop and maintain strategic learning partnership with key relevant academic and research institutions to enhance internal learning and advocacy efforts of NRC Moldova/Romania
- Represent NRC in consortia M&E technical reference groups and ensure alignment of consortia M&E activities with NRC M&E policies, systems and procedures
- Lead and manage the work of the Information Management (IM) unit which is responsible for developing programme beneficiary databases
- Lead the drafting of IM SOPs and ensure budget for IM activities is secured
- Oversee the development and roll-out of dashboards for project and programme monitoring
Required skills and experience
- 5-7 years of demonstrated management experience in design, implementation, and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and research for large to mid-scale international projects or programmes
- Advanced degree in economics, research methods, social sciences or a related field
- Technical competency and prior experience implementing various programme evaluation methodologies and approaches
- Excellent analytic, communication, interpersonal, writing, collaboration, problem-solving, planning/organizing, and facilitation skills;
- Advanced experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis and tools
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience within supporting M&E for one of NRC’s core competencies is an asset
what we offer
- Duty station: Based in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova (also covering Romania)
- Travel % : 30% (Area of Operations, when needed)
- Duration and type of contract: International, 1 year
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed