Do you have experience in the implementation of co-operation projects? Would you like to contribute to the activities of an International Organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? Are you interested in contributing to the fight against economic crime? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
The “Action against Corruption in the Republic of Moldova – Phase 2” focuses on addressing pressing needs in the country which are closely interlinked with the reform processes initiated by the Government of the Republic of Moldova and their obligations towards implementing international standards against corruption.
The Action will deliver legislative, policy and institutional impact by addressing pending recommendations from the 4th Evaluation Round of the Council of Europe anti-corruption body- the Group of States against Corruption (GRECO) . For this purpose, the Action will carry out a comprehensive set of interventions, including reviews, capacity building and training, to facilitate the understanding, adoption and application of procedures, practices and tools that strengthen the prevention of corruption. The intervention areas represent a follow-up of the assistance provided to the Moldovan authorities by the Council of Europe from June 2020 to November 2021 through the “Action against Corruption in the Republic of Moldova”. The implementation period of the Action is 24 months, starting from 1 September 2022.
As a senior project officer, you will be required to perform the following tasks in accordance with the Council of Europe’s procedures, guidelines and priorities with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- Plans, organises, co-ordinates, implements and follows up on project activities in accordance with the project workplan and calendar of activities, in close co-ordination with the project team in Chisinau and in headquarters (HQ) and in co-operation with local partners and stakeholders; reports problems encountered; suggests priorities and adjustments as necessary;
- Establishes and develops effective contacts and liaises with local stakeholders, project consultants as regards the implementation of project activities;
- Informs regularly the Head of the Council of Europe Office and Head of Operations in Chisinau about the implementation of the Project and co-ordinates his/her work within the broader framework of the overall activities of the Council of Europe Office in Chisinau;
- Advises and briefs the management in HQ on progress of the project implementation and other project-related issues; Assists in the event of an evaluation or audit of the project;
- Ensures quality and relevance of project outputs, suggests adjustments as necessary;
- Ensures office management and organises the work of assistants;
- Drafts and provides elements to all project related reports (activity and progress reports, mission reports, information notes, briefings, contributions, etc.) within set deadlines;
- Contributes to raising the visibility of the project by drafting web news items and press releases, by disseminating information and by providing advice and input on publications, in line with the Project’s Communication and Visibility Plan;
- Co-ordinates and contributes to financial, administrative and technical implementation of the Project and ensures close budgetary follow-up of all project expenditures, in accordance with regulations, procedures and donor requirements;
- Selects local service providers and negotiates contracts in consultation with headquarters;
- Undertakes official journeys in connection with the project activities;
- Performs any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested;
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a University degree in law, economics, political sciences, public administration, international relations or related field;
- have a minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in management of technical assistance projects focusing on anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and terrorist financing, and organised crime, or at least 5 years of experience in public sector institutions or private sector working in related fields to those mentioned above;
- have a very good knowledge of one of the two official languages of the Council of Europe (English) and excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level);
- be a citizen of one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe;
- be under 65 years of age at the closing date of this vacancy notice.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies:
- Professional and technical expertise: very good knowledge of Council of Europe and international standards in the area of corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing, asset recovery etc.
- Planning and work organisation
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for quality
- Results orientation
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Drafting skills
What we offer
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contracts at grade B5 Employment is offered for a one year one period and may be extended on an annual basis. You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of € 1569,46 which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation and you will be affiliated to a Council of Europe pension scheme. You will also benefit from private medical insurance, 32 working days leave per year and other benefits (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.).
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 19 September 2022 (midnight French time). Applications must be made in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system. By connecting to our website www.coe.int/jobs you can create and submit your online application. Please fill out the online application form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill in an application form, so please take this information into consideration while applying.