Do you have experience in the implementation of co-operation projects? Would you be motivated to contribute to the activities of an International Organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? Would you like to support the fight against economic crime by providing appropriate linguistic as well as administrative and financial assistance? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
The “Action against Corruption in the Republic of Moldova – Phase 2” focuses on addressing pressing needs in the country which are closely interlinked with the reform processes initiated by the Government of the Republic of Moldova and their obligations towards implementing international standards against corruption. The Action will deliver legislative, policy and institutional impact by addressing pending recommendations from the 4th Evaluation Round of the Council of Europe anti-corruption body - the Group of States against Corruption (GRECO). For this purpose, the Action will carry out a comprehensive set of interventions, including reviews, capacity building and training, to facilitate the understanding, adoption and application of procedures, practices and tools that strengthen the prevention of corruption. The intervention areas represent a follow-up of the assistance provided to the Moldovan authorities by the Council of Europe from June 2020 to November 2021 through the “Action against Corruption in the Republic of Moldova”. The implementation period of the Action is 24 months, starting from 1 September 2022.
As a Project Linguistic Assistant, you will:
- provide administrative and linguistic assistance to visitors and experts; interpret consecutively during meetings between Council of Europe staff, consultants and representatives of beneficiary or partner institutions in the Republic of Moldova, on an as needed basis; proofread documents that are translated to ensure correctness in the translated language;
- provide translations, spelling and grammar checking, and editing of the relevant project documents;
- provide logistical and administrative assistance to the project team in the planning, organisation and follow-up of the project activities, in accordance with the project workplan and calendar of activities and in co-operation with local and international partners and stakeholders;
- make practical arrangements related to project activities (travel, visa requests, accommodation and meeting venue bookings, local transport arrangements, interpretation, etc.);
- prepare the submission of financial support documents for final payment and reimbursement of experts; provide and verify any other financial information and documentation (including activity synopsis) as regards the activities implemented;
- draft and format correspondence, memos, relevant project documents, contract letters and financial arrangements in line with instructions and relevant procedures;
- organise and keep project documents and files up to date (activity planning, official reports, expertise and other documents, outgoing and incoming correspondence, contact lists);
- ensure the circulation of pertinent information and documents among the project team and the Office;
- report to the supervisor on activities in progress and inform him/her of any problems encountered;
- contribute to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and project management.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a completed full course of general secondary education, followed by a post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years’ studies;
- have at least two years of relevant professional experience in carrying out administrative duties in the field of international or European co-operation projects;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of one of the two official languages of the Council of Europe (English);
- be a citizen of the host country or one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe;
- be under 65 years of age at the closing date of this vacancy notice.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies/ professional and technical expertise:
- experience in translation, interpretation and/or proofreading in English;
- proven practical knowledge and experience of administrative duties;
- general understanding of project management procedures;
- sound computer skills and experience using standard tools in office applications (Word processing, presentations, Outlook, spreadsheet, databases, internet publications);
- planning and work organisation;
- analysis and problem solving;
- concern for quality;
- teamwork and co-operation;
- results orientation;
- drafting skills;
What we offer
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contracts at grade B3. Employment is offered for a one year one period and may be extended until the end of the project (31 August 2024). You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of € 1108,30 which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation. You will be affiliated to a pension scheme and social and medical insurance. You will also benefit from 32 working days leave per year and other benefits (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.).
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 19 September 2022 (midnight French time). You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system on: www.coe.int/jobs. Please fill out the form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill it in, so please take this information into consideration while applying.