People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programs to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the canter of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of the following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, and Good Governance.
Summary of duties
Working under the supervision of the Protection Programme Manager, the Protection Officer will support protection programming of the Ukraine refugee crisis, including protection mainstreaming. S/he will support capacity development efforts for the PIN Moldova team including field staff.
- Support with any protection-specific reporting requirements, drafting project documents including Terms of Reference, official letters, reports, etc.;
- Support dissemination of protection-specific information, including protection mainstreaming related information and activities, with relevant departments of PIN Moldova and regional offices of PIN Moldova;
- Provide day-to-day support with administrative aspects of the programming, under the supervision of the Protection Programme Manager, putting together and following up with procurement requests, filing of relevant documentation in ELO - all project-specific files/contracts, associated with technical specifications related to the nature of the project activities;
- Keep programme documentation (hard copies and on ELO) and work with finance and logistics staff to ensure all project procurements and contracts follow PIN and donor procedures.
What we are looking for:
- Higher education;
- Good command of English, Romanian, and Russian;
- Excellent writing skills; Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- At least 1 year of experience with NGOs;
- Experience in protection/PSS is an advantage.
Duty station: Chisinau, with periodical travel to other project destinations throughout Moldova.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary, each half year revised based on appraisal performance;
- 28 days annual leave + 6 additional days for medical care;
- Friendly work environment; Multinational team;
- Investments in your professional development.
Interested applicants must submit their CV to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/45A89FFE39/apply/
Deadline for application: August 17, 2022, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis. The application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone call inquiries are allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analyzing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keep such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending a notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.