The incumbent supports the implementation of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) projects to strengthen the capacity of Moldova’s law enforcement entities. Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager, the incumbent helps to process assistance grants to individuals and organizations and provides logistical support to delegations, both in Moldova and abroad. The incumbent also participates in official meetings and communicates directly with Moldovan officials to plan training activities and events. The incumbent is directly responsible for end-use monitoring and tracking statistical data. The incumbent also provides translation and logistical support for the INL Director, Senior Program Manager and visiting high level Department of State representatives.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of administrative or program support experience in a law enforcement or justice sector entity, nongovernmental or international organization is required.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Moldovan political and government structure.
- Working knowledge of Moldovan legal system required.
Bachelor’s degree in public administration, international relations, or law is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluency) speaking/reading/writing English and Romanian, Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work on a computer and use Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to translate from Romanian or Russian to English and vice versa.
- Must have a valid class B driver's license. Must have had a valid driver's license for a minimum of five (5) years.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Closing date for receipt of applications is August 21, 2022 at 23:59 Chisinau time. Please note that the only way to apply for this position is to use our Electronic Recruitment Application https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.