The Legal Program Coordinator for the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Section (INL) executes USG assistance to promote judicial rule of law and criminal justice reform throughout the Republic of Moldova. Incumbent provides oversight of training projects undertaken by INL contracting entities, provides advice on and assesses programmatic and logistical needs of the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Prosecutor General’s Office, the Superior Council of Magistrates, the National Anticorruption Center and the National Integrity Authority, formulating new training programs or alternatives to meet these needs. Coordinates appropriately with international donors and financial institutions such as the European Union Delegation to Moldova, Council of Europe, OSCE, and other partners and implementers. The incumbent manages projects to support the Ministry of Justice and Prosecutor General’s Office in drafting new laws and regulations in the criminal justice sector area; coordinating the organization of training sessions for Moldovan judges, prosecutors, and justice officials; conducting assessments and analyses of the Moldovan justice system; design, award, and implementation of grants and awards to NGOs and implementing partners; and planning for the acquisition of commodities and services to support justice sector reform.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of project management, project coordination or grant related activities in the justice sector, rule of law, or general law enforcement are required.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the structure, functions, responsibilities, governing legislation, and key officials within the Moldovan judiciary, the Ministry of Justice, the Prosecution Service, Ministry of Internal Affairs, and the Union of Lawyers.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office suite of software, to include: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
University degree in law is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluency) speaking/reading/writing English and Romanian, Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and capabilities. Strong organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to deal effectively with senior USG officials within and outside the US Embassy, as well as senior GOM officials.
- Must have demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage a project with limited guidance and supervision and be able to prioritize assignments effectively.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing with a wide variety of contacts in the Embassy, GOM, and broader international community.
- Must have a valid class B driver's license. Must have had a valid driver's license for a minimum of five (5) years.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Closing date for receipt of applications is August 21, 2022 at 23:59 Chisinau time. Please note that the only way to apply for this position is to use our Electronic Recruitment Application https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.