- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Moldova
- Requisition ID: FUN000040
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G2
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Issue Date: Jul 27, 2022
- Closing Date: Aug 23, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
- Job Field: General Support Functions
The incumbent is assigned to the Fund Administration Unit (FAU) and functions as Receptionist of the Mission. He/she works in close cooperation with Security Guards, Programmes and Fund Administration Teams to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the CFA the incumbent performs the following tasks:
- Greeting visitors and informs the staff upon their arrival; when necessary, escorting the visitors to the appropriate Mission Member/s;
- Assisting visitors by providing accurate general information about OSCE and channelling their requests to the respective Mission Member/s;
- Dealing tactfully with complaining and/or difficult visitors, without getting agitated or jeopardizing the image of OSCE;
- Serving as point of contract between OSCE and Novitas; collecting the minor technical problems from staff and channels them to respective mission members and/or Novitas personnel if applicable;
- Informing the Security Guards of the building about OSCE visitors and participants to official meetings organized at the OSCE premises;
- Answering the telephone and passes on the contact details to the respective OSCE mission member/s; informing Mission Members about telephone numbers/extensions in the mission;
- Establishing telephone connections upon request of mission members; taking and deliverings messages; connecting and/or transferring outside mission phone calls to requested person/extension;
- Receiving and distributing newspapers, magazines and journals to the Mission Members;
- Coordinating drivers’ daily assignments, by notifying them when a mission member needs vehicle with/or without driver;
- Maintaining vehicle movement and registration system established at the reception by completing the Monthly Vehicle Report Log for each vehicle on a daily basis. Transferring data on vehicle mileage to the Monthly vehicle report on the first day of the month;
- Making sure to file the approved Request for Private Use of OSCE Vehicles before giving the keys to Mission member on weekends and/or after working hours;
- Ensuring that all keys of the vehicles are returned to the reception in a timely manner, if not otherwise agreed;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-to-Moldova
- Secondary education level; some communication and public relation skillsp;
- Minimum two years experience in an office environment or as receptionist, preferably with an international organization;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Romanian, English and Russian languages;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction is EUR 378.00. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please seehttps://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.