People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
Summary of duties
PIN is looking to hire a driver to be based in Chisinau with frequent travels into the regional offices. The driver will be conducting trips to the field and project sites as per the schedule provided by the logistic department. The driver will also act as logistic support to arrange smooth fleet/movement operation and base management.
- Driver’s responsibility: Adhere to PIN´s transport policy, including maintenance schedule, vehicle equipment, and safety rules;
- Logistic responsibilities: The employee will support the Logistic Department in day-by-day tasks related to the smooth operation of the PIN Moldova, especially the fleet operation and base management;
- Using navigation apps and logbook apps to determine the best route and the accurate mileage;
- Arranging car wash and maintenance services for the PIN fleet.
What we are looking for:
- A valid driver’s license (prior experience as a driver is welcomed);
- A clean driving record;
- Knowledge of area roads and neighbourhoods;
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage;
- A polite and professional disposition;
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations.
- Language: Romanian and/or Russian (fluently read, write, speak) with basic English (preferable);
- The base location for services providers will be in the area of Chisinau. Trips to the field shall be determined on daily basis, this includes other projects sites of PIN;
- Driver will be tested/reviewed by a designated PIN staff member.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary, each half year revised based on appraisal performance;
- 28 days annual leave + 6 additional days for medical care;
- Friendly work environment; Multinational team;
- Investments in your professional development.
Interested applicants must submit their CV to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/B425570939/apply/.
Deadline for application: August 4, 2022, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis. The application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone call inquiries are allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analysing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keep such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN’s Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending a notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.