Job/Position/Title: Program Assistant
Compensation Category: Full-time
Start Date: July 2022
Supervised by: PH Moldova Country Director & MLSP Program Manager, and MLSP Program Coordinator
PH International (Project Harmony, Inc.) is an international non-profit organization with over 35 years of experience focusing on civic engagement, cross-cultural learning, and increased opportunities in the digital age. The PH U.S. headquarter office is located in Waitsfield, Vermont with field offices in Armenia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, and Montenegro with projects also being implemented in other countries.
PH International strives towards a world where individuals and communities work across boundaries to address challenges with solutions rooted in cultural understanding, inspired by a sense of shared responsibility, strengthened by individuals empowered with practical skills and knowledge, and sustained through open communication, exchange, and friendship.
The Program Assistant will work full-time on the Legal Socialization in Moldovan Schools Program (MLSP) based in the PH office in Chisinau. MLSP is designed to increase the understanding among Moldovan law enforcement professionals, educators, and secondary school students by combining a legal education curriculum and community-based activities to raise awareness about civic rights and responsibilities, deter crime by and against young people, and protect the rights of youth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision and guidance of the MLSP Program Manager and Program Coordinator, the Program Assistant will:
- Work closely with PH program staff during program planning, implementation, and monitoring;
- Communicate with sub-grantees, program partners, and other stakeholders as needed and as approved by supervisor;
- Gather, conduct research, and organize content for the program reports, Facebook page, and other communications;
- Assist in the design, coordination, and execution of program activities and logistics including travel arrangements, hotel and restaurant reservations for groups, etc.;
- Assist with drafting of program-related documents and correspondence;
- Assist with program reporting as needed and as approved by supervisor;
- Assist with digital and social media platforms operated by PH International Office in Moldova;
- Develop and organize program materials including resource guides, handbooks, certificates, etc.;
- Assist with researching and confirming professional meetings and other group activities;
- Assist Country Director/Program Coordinator in researching development opportunities that are consistent with PH International's mission and contribute to the development of proposals;
- Comply with all policies and protocols established by PH International as reflected in the Human Resources and Operational Manual;
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- University degree in Education, International Development, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Law, or related field of study.
- Evidence of organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong intercultural skills including evidence of sensitivity to and acceptance of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Office experience including the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience in working with NGOs would be considered an advantage.
- Experience in working with international development programs would be considered an advantage.
- Computer literacy.
- Fluency in Romanian and English language. Knowledge of the Russian language would be considered an advantage.
Duration of contract: The assignment will start in July 2022. The employment contract is for one year with the possibility of extension.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the CV (including contact information for 1-2 references) and cover letter in English explaining how the candidate’s profile fits the skills and experience required by this call and specifying the expected monthly remuneration (in USD net) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line: PH Moldova Program Assistant. No phone calls.
The closing date for applications is July 3rd, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.