People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of the following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
Summary of Duties
The Procurement and Logistics Officer is under the overall supervision of the Logistic and Procurement Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
General: Logistics and Procurement Officer supports the operations of the entire country programme and its offices and guesthouses. The Logistics and Procurement Officer is responsible for implementing, developing, and monitoring the logistic processes and supporting the procurement processes.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the Logistics and Procurement Manager of the PIN Moldova.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Identification of suitable and reliable suppliers and contractors of goods and services in support of programme implementation in accordance with PIN procurement guidelines;
- Support programme staff in proper planning of purchases;
- Procurement and purchases of programme items as well as office/guesthouse items and services;
- Negotiations with local suppliers and contract management;
- Administration of procurement processes in PIN internal systems.
General logistics activities supervision:
- Responsible for proper archiving of all logistics related docs in both hard copies the same as soft copies in PIN internal system;
- Ensure timely, cost-efficient & transparent transversal logistical management;
- Contribute to logistics-related improvements for the CP’s operations;
- Preparing car rental reimbursements on a monthly and timely basis (including the fuel reimbursements);
- Support general logistic activities and their compliance with PIN Moldova security principles and rules;
- Support and coordination of fleet management, base management (offices, guest houses), asset inventories, and storekeeping.
- Participates in the training of logistical, procurement, IT support, and other support staff in adherence to PIN logistic and procurement guidelines.
- Supports induction and capacity building of PIN staff related to the procurement process and logistical and security set-ups.
- Supports the Head of Systems and Operations (HoSO) and Country Director (CD) in logistical preparation and adherence with PIN MDA Security principles and Contingency Plan.
Knowledge/Experience, Qualifications/Skills, and Abilities Required:
- The successful candidate must be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking, and problem-solving.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Procurement and Logistics field.
- Experience in the NGO field with a focus on civil society development programs is a distinct advantage.
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style.
- Computer literate.
- Driving license.
- Excellent command of Romanian. Good command of English and Russian.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English).
- Full CV (in English).
- Contacts of three references with a possibility of including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/13578AFC60/apply/
Deadline for application: June 24, 2022, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis. The application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline or can be extended if it depends on the project donor’s decision.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analysing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keep such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN’s Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending a notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.