Senior Secretary - OSCE Mission to Moldova
Senior Secretary (G5)
- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Moldova
- Requisition ID: HOM00000E
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G5
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Issue Date: Jun 3, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 25, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
- Job Field: Secretarial Services
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM) and Deputy Head of Mission (DHoM) and in close cooperation with international Mission Members and other national staff members. The incumbent provides to the HoM and DHoM, as well as partly to other international Mission Members secretarial, clerical and translation services, as well as administrative and other support for his/her activities, operations, meetings, briefings, seminars, conferences and other events.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the HoM or DHoM provides the following services:
- Maintains the personal schedule of and makes appointments for the HoM or DHoM;
- Arranges meetings and workshops chaired by the HoM or DHoM, notifying participants about the date and time and if required, provides participants with background information on the subject matter; also participates in the organization and preparation of visitor or staff meetings, books conference or meeting facilities, sets up conference rooms, provides background materials, accompanies visiting teams when required; Liaises with external counterparts to exchange or obtain information, to set up meetings or to ensure the flow of documents;
- Responsible for the process management of the paper flow of the Office, collecting, booking in, copying, distribution, filing of documents including policy, confidential and general correspondence; Also follows up, on behalf of supervisor on the implementation of the work of other units or execution of instructions given;
- Filters and receives visitors, places and screens phone calls and answers queries with discretion;
- Receives, screens, logs and routes correspondence, attaches necessary background information and maintains a follow up system;
- Drafts on own initiative or under instructions correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential; Checks outgoing correspondence for accuracy, conformity with overall policy or specific instructions prior to presentation to the HoM or DHoM’s signature;
- Maintains lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of Government officials, local media representatives and of Senior Officials in International Organizations, NGO’s and Liaison Offices;
- Makes travel arrangements for the HOM or DHOM for official travels, prepares Official Travel Authorizations, ensures that visas, vaccination certificates etc. are in order and complete the all the necessary forms. Also prepares Leave Requests and deals with requests for official representation for the HoM or DHOM Office;
- Organizes VIP visits, drafts and arranges the programs of the visits, co-ordinates with all parties involved (Departmental representatives, security, transport) in a manner suitable and optimal for all parties;
- Whenever required books hotel rooms/arranges accommodation, arranges official dinners/lunches/official receptions and makes all necessary bookings;
- Participates in the organization and preparation of visitor or staff meetings, books conference or meeting facilities, sets up conference rooms, provides background materials, accompanies visiting teams when required; Liaises with external Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe counterparts to exchange or obtain information, to set up meetings or to ensure the flow of documents;
- Distributes, coordinates the work, briefs or trains junior/newly appointed office staff;
- Performs other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see https://www.osce.org/mission-to-moldova
Completed secondary education supplemented by formal training in Secretariat and office management principles;
Minimum 4 years of office work experience in senior secretarial or assistant functions preferably in an international organization or embassy;
Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Romanian and Russian languages;
Ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Monthly remuneration is EUR 660 OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Customer Service Specialist at Safeguard Global
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un formator/ o formatoare sau o echipă de formatori ce va presta servicii de instruire în domeniul voluntariatului și mobilizării comunitare
- Keystone Moldova - Asistent de proiect refugiati
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- Centrul de Informații GENDERDOC-M anunță concursul de angajare pentru funcția de Manager financiar
- Acted is hiring Administration Officer (FLAT Officer)
- Logistics Officer Moldova Chisinau
- M&E Project Assistant
- Terms of reference for the selection of media specialists to implement a training programme in the field of combating disinformation and false news
- WeWorld Moldova is looking for Romanian Teachers