Tetra Tech provides best-in-class energy consulting services for clients worldwide. Our work advances clean energy to achieve climate and decarbonization goals; creates sustainable utilities and modern grids; and promotes gender equality and economic inclusivity at the energy nexus.
Postion Summary & Job Purpose:
Tetra Tech is recruiting a MEL Specialist to be based in Chisinau, Moldova to support the implementation of the USAID administered Moldova Energy Security Activity (MESA). The objective of MESA is to strengthen Moldova’s energy security by: (1) advancing physical and market integration of the Moldovan energy sector with Europe; (2) increasing renewable energy integration; and (3) increasing investment in energy efficiency and domestic power generation, particularly through increased adoption of renewable energy technologies.
This position is full-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. The MEL Specialist must be resident in Moldova and with the ability to legally work. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Lead the implementation of the MESA MEL plan designed to track and assess activities and interventions, and report impacts in support of program management and learning
- Provide training and assistance to MESA technical staff on performance indicators, setting target, data collection, tracking indicators, and on their responsibilities
- Develop tools, methodologies and spreadsheets for M&E data collection and verification
- Conduct data verification exercises including data review and interviews
- Manage the repository of tools, guidelines and reference documents for MEL work and other materials
- Update the MESA MEL plan as needed throughout the life of the project
- Prepare quarterly, annual, and final MEL reports, including analyses of measurable accomplishments against activities conducted and program objectives.
- Ensure that MEL reports are produced on time and in a technically valid, high-quality manner.
- Support the development of contractual deliverables and any other reporting
- Oversee the project’s CLA approach and activities in collaboration with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and other relevant technical staff.
- Work with senior management and project staff to ensure that project learnings are applied, and activities are adapted, as needed, for innovative and effective programming.
- Work with partners on the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation system, ensuring that the quantitative and qualitative data and analysis are of high quality.
- Enter project data into USAID’s electronic reporting system, as needed
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Essential KSA's Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in statistics, mathematics, economics, development studies, business, public administration and/or other related social science field
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of M&E frameworks for donor funding projects
- Experience in data collection, data management, analysis and progress reporting
- Strong qualitative and/or quantitative skills, with a demonstrated ability to synthesize and present complex data streams using MS Excel
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) with strong oral and written presentation skills
Valued but not required KSA's:
- Experience working on USAID, or other donor-funded projects in Moldova.
- Experienced in training and capacity-building on MEL in person and remotely.
- Knowledge of the energy sector is highly desired.
Line management responsibility:
Physical demands & work environment:
- Office setting