Position - Monitoring and Evaluation / Data Officer
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is an international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris. Its activities range from emergency relief to development projects. With a team of 5,900 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year, reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
The unprecedented humanitarian disaster faced by the Ukrainians is taking a dramatic turn, with millions of people are displaced in various areas.
ACTED helps ensuring they can receive the basic support they need, including water, food and hot meals, blankets, hygiene supplies and access to mobile heating points.
ACTED is fully mobilized in Moldova and needs your help!
We are looking for qualified national staff for the following vacant position:
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation / Data Officer
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Starting date: as soon as possible
Deadline to Apply: 25.06
Duties and Responsibilities
- Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
- Technical and Systems Development
- Contribute to the development and updating of the country AME strategy, the consolidated AME work plan and AME frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Ensure that AME findings are reflected and their recommendations are incorporated in future concept notes, proposals and implementation plans;
- Implement the AME policies and procedures as described in the ACTED AME standard guidelines and make sure that the tools are followed as applicable;
- Contribute to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
- AME Implementation and Management
- Develop the ToRs and mission plans and carry out assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, endlines) as reflected in the ToR and mission plan;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Closely supervise data collection activities and ensure that data collection teams are organized and resourced as needed, and that they deliver as per field mission plans and according to data quality standards;
- Maintain electronic and/or paper-based MIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information including reporting on ACTED’s 16 global strategic program indicators;
- Measure and report on qualitative and quantitative input, process, output, outcome, impact, objective, and goal-level performance indicators for all projects;
- Provide data to the Project Development Team for use in preparation of reports to donors and other stakeholders, as required;
- Contribute to donor proposals and fundraising efforts (particularly logical-framework designs, formulation of SMART indicators and AME budgets) and reports;
- Provide AME related capacity building and awareness to implementing partners and other institutions supported by ACTED as appropriate;
- Represent ACTED in different forums on AME related issues when required.
- Data Management and Analysis
- Support the AME Monitors/Surveyors in ensuring that data is collected in a timely and accurate manner according to the reporting and monitoring requirements;
- Liaise with field staff regarding missing data, eventual mistakes, data discrepancies and/or inconsistencies;
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the databases as required;
- Analyze AME data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through AME activities among Project Managers, Technical Coordinators and Project Development Manager/Officers;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- Document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities;
- Support project implementation and improvement by providing timely information around project successes to be scaled up as well as challenges to allow ‘course correction’ throughout life of the program.
- Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism
- Contributing to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Contribute to the proper management of the project CRM central database;
- Build capacity and understanding among ACTED staff, partners and contractors on beneficiary accountability and CRM.
- AME Team Management
- Ensure that staff under the direct responsibility understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Manage AME Assistants, Monitors and Enumerators delineating their responsibilities and follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics;
- Manage interpersonal conflicts among team members;
- Undertake regular appraisals of relevant staff;
- Identify the AME training needs of team members and discuss plans with the AME Manager for both internal and external trainings;
- Coach, train, and mentor AME Assistants, Monitors and Enumerators with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the AME team;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in AME-related conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of AME;
Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian languages;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Good personal relationship skills and empathy;
- Experience in using Kobo;
- Expertise in analyzing data using Excel;
- Expertise in reporting.
Official employment, competitive salary according to knowledge and experience.
In order to apply for this position please follow the below sample suggestions:
- CV with no more than 1-4 pages in ENGLISH language;
- Named as First_Last_Name_ desired position_CV;
- If you consider to send Letter of intention name as - First_LastName_desired position_Letter of Intention.
Please apply only if you are able to work full time.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com
ACTED - reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.
*All of the information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. It will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.