Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Data Management Associate is normally supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works quite independently with an oversight from the supervisor. S/he may directly supervise some support staff.
Contracts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the Operation, including planning and overseeing data collection, input and verifications; production of standard and ad hoc reports.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Provide training, as necessary, to UNHCR staff as well as staff-members of implementing partners in relevant aspects of data management.
- May be required to coordinate with the GIS colleagues to ensure that data collection is compatible with GIS.
- Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database administrator functions.
- Assist in development of new applications/databases needed by the UNHCR Offices/Units in area of responsibilities in order to perform their tasks smoothly.
- Ensure that the clients' databases are up-to-date by identifying and keeping what is relevant and accurate in an accessible manner.
- May be required to support registration activities including ProGres technical support and on-site assistance.
- May be required to support voluntary repatriation activities including reconciliation of VolRep data from country of asylum and encashment centers, verification of Voluntary Repatriation Forms (VRFs) and coordination with VolRep Centers (VRCs) on information issues.
- Develop forms and tools for data collection and analysis.
- Have access to relevant data and records.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
DM-ArcGIS (Geographic Information System)
TR-Training - Virtual and face to face
Knowledge of Romanian and English are essential. Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
Interested applicants are invited to send the CV and cover letter in English to MDACHHR@unhcr.org