Helvetas is an organisation specialised in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
For the RECONOMY programme we are looking for consultancy services, from June till December 2022, to support with a coordination and a pilot implementation in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector.
RECONOMY is a regional programme of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) implemented by Helvetas, covering 12 countries in Eastern and South-eastern Europe. The overall goal is to promote income and employment opportunities for women and youth through inclusive and sustainable economic development; the programme applies a Market Systems Development approach. To achieve this goal, the programme supports initiatives in three interrelated areas: improving training and education systems for skills development, development of financial and business services, advocacy for policy and regulatory reforms. The main instruments include a challenge fund that stimulates innovation and private sector engagement, sector-specific MSD initiatives implemented together with partner organisations, and regional knowledge management and learning.
The Eastern Partnership countries Regional Manager leads the coordination of activities in the region to whom she/he reports, focusing on the tasks mentioned below. The RECONOMY team is networked and disbursed across the targeted countries, with two other regional managers (leading on coordination of activities in respective sub-regions) and experts leading on cross-cutting themes such as monitoring, knowledge management and learning (KML), communications, environment and climate change, financial manager etc. for all targeted countries. The RECONOMY Programme consultant must be located in Moldova (preferably in Chisinau); familiarity with online collaboration tools is essential and travelling will be moderate.
YOUR MAIN TASKS
The Consultant will be responsible for coordinating Reconomy’s activities in Moldova (and Ukraine), related to the ICT sector and ensuring timely support to the Regional Manager for Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries on programme implementation related issues.
The RECONOMY programme consultant will be responsible for the following main tasks:
1) In coordination with the EaP regional manager support the work of the implementing partners through exchanges and direct collaboration in accordance with the Partnership Agreements signed with these organisations.
2) Provide support to Implementing Partners in the application of an MSD approach and related tools and coordinate additional technical inputs by internal resource persons in the RECONOMY Programme Facilitation Unit (PFU).
3) Conduct the research on the ICT sector (including opportunities for digitalisation) to identify entry points for the RECONOMY Programme, new potential partnerships and potential systemic interventions.
4) Contribute to the RECONOMY Programme’s overall work through coordination with the EaP Regional Manager (and other PFU members and its management), including contributions to reporting.
5) Ensure close coordination of activities with the Moldova based Knowledge Management & Communication and Textile sector Consultant.
- An academic degree (Master or equivalent) in economics, development studies or similar social science
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with others through facilitation, presentation, negotiation, networking etc.
- Knowledge of Market Systems Development (MSD/M4P approach)
- At least 5 years of experience in economic / labour market / private sector development
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and synthesise as well as write up knowledge for wider learning and dissemination purpose
- Experience in managing partnerships and institutional relations
- Excellent English language skills in written and spoken word. Russian/Romanian and or Ukrainian are a plus.
We offer you an interesting challenge with attractive working conditions. You can expect modern and flexible working conditions.
Complete application including motivation letter and CV should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd of May 2022.