The HR Associate delivers quality services in the area of human resource management and administration to internal and external clients, mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach, interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the Country Office and UNFPA-supported projects.
You will work in close collaboration with the operations and programme staff, and Humanitarian team, exchanging information and supporting smooth delivery of human resource services.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager with technical oversight by the regional HR Business Partner.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
UNFPA Moldova is actively involved in the humanitarian refugee response to the Ukrainian crises, supporting provision of women and girls’ health services, including reproductive maternal health and psychosocial support and Gender-Based Violence support and referral assistance to refugees from Ukraine to the Republic of Moldova.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need principled and ethical staff, who embody human rights norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Expected Results/Description of Responsibilities:
- Implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Human Resource management
- Administrative support to the Country Office and Projects
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Secondary education with 6 years of relevant human resources and administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- First level university degree with 3 years of relevant experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in UN System or NGOs is a strong asset.
- Experience in ERP Systems (SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle, Atlas etc.) is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 18 May 2022.