The U.S. Embassy is hiring a Project Manager (Bilateral Affairs Office)
Serves as primary program coordinator in support of the United States European Command (USEUCOM) Civic
Engagement/Humanitarian Assistance Program (HA). The position encompasses all aspects of planning, administration and execution of the Humanitarian Assistance (HA), Humanitarian and Civic Assistance (HCA), Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), and Excess Property (EP) Programs, US Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (DHAPP) and serves as driver and additional translator for the office. Position directly supports the Bilateral Affairs Office (BAO) by taking the lead in all aspects of programs planning, coordination and execution of USG-funded events, as well as non-USG-funded civilian events that meet the goals of the Chief of Mission and the Mission Performance Plan. Position will interact with U.S. Embassy staff, NGOs, USEUCOM and staff and leadership of the Government of Moldova and provide support to Office of Defense Cooperation programs, as required.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years of administrative experience with a minimum of one year experience in project management which includes budget and personnel logistics and at least one year experience in translating Russian and Romanian to English and English to Russian and Romanian are required.
1. Basic knowledge of military organizations, operations and budgeting, as well as the operations and organization of NGOs, the Government of Moldova and humanitarian projects is required.
2. Intermediate knowledge of military/technical terms in English, Romanian and Russian is required.
University degree in management, business, international relations, public administration, or public relations is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing Romanian is
required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Russian is required (This may be tested). Translation and interpretation is primarily Romanian/English and English/Romanian. However, Russian remains a language spoken frequently in government and business settings and is often used in bilateral affairs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess a valid type B driver’s license. Must have had the driver’s license for a minimum of five years.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and accomplish assigned tasks with minimum direction from supervisors.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems with diplomacy and tact.
- Must have the ability to plan, manage time and successfully react to deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively across cultural, ethnic, gender and national barriers.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills and intermediate knowledge of email, word processing, spreadsheet, database, publication and presentation software packages such as Microsoft Windows, Office, Word, Excel, Access, FrontPage, Power Point and Outlook are required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for receipt of applications is March 8, 2022 at 23:59 Chisinau time. Please note that the only way to apply for this position is to use our Electronic Recruitment Application https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNICEF Moldova: National Indiv Consultancy on Gender-responsive programming
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de inginer coordonator în domeniul administrare infrastructură TIC
- Termeni de referință/ Educătoare/ CIDP ”ARA” Soroca
- Office Manager Asistent Personal
- IREX seeks a qualified Media Business Advisor for a 5-year USAID-funded media support program in Central Europe
- Fundația Soros Moldova angajează Specialist/Specialistă în finanțe și procurări
- AO ”Părinți Solidari” angajează jurist/juristă
- Complexul Phoenix angajează expert in acreditarea serviciilor sociale pentru copii și pentru bătrâni
- Animator socio-cultural în proiectul pentru integrarea persoanelor strămutate din Ucraina, or. Căușeni, or. Strășeni și mun. Chișinău
- Centrul de Informații GENDERDOC-M anunță concursul de angajare pentru funcția de Manager financiar