Senior Coordinator Pre-Vetting Secretariat – Moldova
Dexis Consulting is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion and strive to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
Working with us, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis Consulting implements the Effective Justice Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) project with USAID/Moldova to foster an efficient, accessible, and transparent justice system that uniformly applies the rule of law. Effective Justice has four goals: to deliver improved justice services, strengthen the connection between courts, communities, and system users, improve the judicial and legal environment for business, and strengthen the independence of the judiciary.
The project is implemented through individual Task Orders. Award of the second task order is anticipated in February 2022 for a period of 8 months to provide technical assistance to support the Pre-Vetting Secretariat. Assistance will consist of the establishment and support of a secretariat responsible for the investigation, analysis, and review of the integrity of candidates for the self-governing bodies of judges and prosecutors – the Superior Council of Magistracy (SCM) and the Superior Council of Prosecutors (SCP), respectively.
The Covid-19 pandemic has prevented the election of new officers for the administration bodies of judges and prosecutors, as the General Assemblies of Judges and Prosecutors could not be convened due to pandemic-related restrictions. By default, the mandates of current members were extended, providing a window in which to conduct the vetting process for candidates. Thus, the pre-vetting process is planned to take place in the early to mid-2022. Authority for the pre-vetting process is embedded in draft legislation expected to be adopted in the Moldovan Parliament by the first week of February 2022. The pre-vetting process will be conducted by an Evaluation Committee and its Secretariat.
The overarching goal of this anticipated second task order is the establishment of a pre-vetting secretariat that is fully operational, understands its roles and processes, and is capable of preparing documents in accordance with the pre-vetting law and within all established timelines.
Finalization of the recruitment and selection process is subject to final adoption of the draft law and USAID Moldova’s award of the task order. Candidates must be able to start within late February or early March.
About the Position
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
The Senior Coordinator will report to the Head of Secretariat and will be responsible for:
- Supervising and providing technical expertise for the day-to-day work of the Secretariat’s Analysts and Legal Experts;
- Contributing to the drafting of rules of procedure, evaluation methodologies, and other policies, procedures and documents required within the pre-vetting process;
- Participating in the continuous review of the Secretariat’s work, supporting the design of modifications to increase the efficiency, and overseeing the implementation of all efficiency measures approved by the Evaluation Committee;
- Supporting the Head of Secretariat to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, rules, and regulations, including the those governing the protection of personal data;
- Providing comments and feedback on the legal framework and sub-legal acts related to pre-vetting;
- Assisting in the timely completion and publication of decisions related to the pre-vetting process;
- Attending and reporting on meetings as directed by the Head of Secretariat and/or Task Order Lead;
- Contributing to the drafting of required reports on the work of the Secretariat, the Evaluation Committee and overall implementation of the Task Order;
- Contributing to mentoring, coaching and performance improvement actions related to the Secretariat’s Analysts and Legal Experts;
- Coordinating with the Head of Secretariat to address staff performance issues;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in law or a related field;
- Minimum of 7 years of broad, progressively responsible professional experience in rule of law, anti-corruption, criminal justice reform;
- Proven ability to coordinate and supervise the work of a large team in a high-paced, quality-driven environment;
- Demonstrated experience in working with government bodies or international organizations engaged in justice sector reform with an emphasis in vetting and/or integrity checks;
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken English, working knowledge of the Romanian language will be considered an advantage.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and a current CV to: email@example.com and should note “Moldova Senior Coordinator“ in the email subject line. This position is open to both Moldovan Nationals and International Candidates.
Dexis is committed to a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified women to apply.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.