Head of Pre-vetting Secretariat - Moldova
Dexis Consulting is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
Working with us, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis Consulting implements the Effective Justice Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) project with USAID/Moldova to foster an efficient, accessible, and transparent justice system that uniformly applies the rule of law. Effective Justice has four goals: to deliver improved justice services, strengthen the connection between courts, communities, and system users, improve the judicial and legal environment for business, and strengthen the independence of the judiciary.
The project is implemented through individual Task Orders. Award of the second task order is anticipated in February 2022 for a period of 8 months to provide technical assistance to Support the Pre-Vetting Secretariat. Assistance will consist of the establishment and support of a secretariat responsible for the investigation, analysis, and review of the integrity of candidates for the self-governing bodies of judges and prosecutors – the Superior Council of Magistracy (SCM) and the Superior Council of Prosecutors (SCP), respectively.
The Covid-19 pandemic has prevented the election of new officers for the administration bodies of judges and prosecutors, as the General Assemblies of Judges and Prosecutors could not be convened due to pandemic-related restrictions. By default, the mandates of current members were extended, providing a window in which to conduct the vetting process for candidates. Thus, the pre-vetting process is planned to take place in early to mid-2022. Authority for the pre-vetting process is embedded in draft legislation expected to be adopted in the Moldovan Parliament by the first week of February 2022. The pre-vetting process will be conducted by an Evaluation Committee and its Secretariat.
The overarching goal of this anticipated second task order is the establishment of a pre-vetting secretariat that is fully operational, understands its roles and processes, and can prepare documents in accordance with the pre-vetting law and within all established timelines.
Finalization of the recruitment and selection process is subject to final adoption of the draft law and USAID Moldova’s award of the task order. Candidates must be able to start within late February 2022 or early March 2022.
About the Position
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
The Head of the Secretariat will report to the Task Order Lead and will be responsible for:
- Supervision of the day-to-day operations of the Secretariat and a team of 20-30 staff;
- Assisting in recruiting Secretariat staff;
- Conducting and/or supporting orientation sessions for Secretariat staff and the Evaluation Committee when requested;
- In coordination with the Task Order Lead, assisting in the provision of external technical experts to support the drafting of rules of procedure, evaluation methodologies, and other policies, procedures and documents required within the pre-vetting process;
- Drafting all required reports on the work of the Secretariat, the Evaluation Committee and overall implementation of the Task Order;
- Participating in the continuous review of the Secretariat’s work and support the design of recommended modifications to increase the efficiency;
- Supporting the Evaluation Committee to conduct hearings, meetings, and conferences;
- Ensuring the Secretariat’s compliance with all relevant laws, rules, and regulations, including the those governing the protection of personal data;
- Serving as the focal point for external relations and communications of the Secretariat;
- Work with the Task Order Lead to cultivate relationships with stakeholders including Government of Moldova institutions, donor organizations, and local NGO/CSO’s;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in law or a related field;
- At least 7 years of experience in rule of law, anti-corruption, criminal justice reform, with a focus on team and project management, and drafting of reports. Preference given to candidates who also have experience in investigation/research and analysis.
- Proven ability to coordinate and supervise the work of a large team in a high-paced, quality-driven environment.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government bodies or international organizations engaged in justice sector reform in the Republic of Moldova;
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken Romanian, professional level proficiency of English.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and a current CV to: email@example.com and should note “Moldova Head of Secretariat” in the email subject line. This position is open to Moldovan Nationals only.
Dexis is committed to a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified women to apply.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Coaliția Est-Europeană pentru Egalitatea LGBT+ deschide un concurs pentru postul de Specialist în Monitorizare și Evaluare
- UNDP Moldova: Security Associate - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- Shelter and WASH Technical Officer (Engineer) Moldova Chisinau
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - (Procurement-based) - UNDP Moldova/Green Transition Project
- Development Results & Partnership Specialist (NOC) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- Head of Secretariat
- Dreamups angajează: Expert/ă în Managementul Financiar și Finanțare
- Angajăm Manager pe programe de instruire!
- UNDP Moldova: Communication Analyst (NPSA8) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova: Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project