CNFA's Farmer to Farmer Volunteer Program (F2F) funded by USAID is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Translator/ Administrative Assistant.
NOTE: This is an entry level position. The ideal candidate is a recent University graduate, with experience in formal/informal translation.
The Translator/Administrative Assistant offers support to the program experts in communicating with the beneficiary organizations, as well as assists the country director with all administrative aspects of program implementation.
Qualification requirements include:
- Excellent command of English, Romanian and Russian;
- Recent University degree in foreign languages, economics and/or business management;
- At least 1 year of experience interpreting/translating - informal translation experience is acceptable;
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are a must);
- Strong writing and oral communication skills;
- Ability to relate well to rural communities and work effectively at the grassroots level;
- Flexibility, strong work ethic and willingness to travel extensively throughout Moldova and work directly with rural communities;
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing interpretation for the project experts;
- Providing written translations of the experts’ recommendations to beneficiaries;
- Coordinate travel logistics for CNFA staff, F2F volunteers, and other visitors;
- Ensure office is kept in an orderly condition, manage the flow of visitors to office locations, and maintain stock of office supplies and equipment;
- Other administrative duties as required by the country director.
Candidates will submit a cover letter, describing their specific experience working in donor-funded projects and a detailed CV, both in English, by email, in MS Word or PDF format before Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 23:59 Chisinau time, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CNFA (Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture) is a USAID-funded organization supporting agribusiness economic development in transitional countries. The Farmer to Farmer Program provides US volunteer technical assistance to Moldovan rural entrepreneurs and farmers seeking to expand their access to markets through improved business management and production practices.