I. Information about the position
Name of position: Communication officer (CO)
Expected length of employment: 12+ months
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Chisinau, Moldova
Start date: January 2022
II. Organizational context
We have been working in Moldova since 2004. Over the years, we implemented 27 development cooperation projects in home and social care, small business development, civil society development, agriculture, livelyhoods support and inclusion areas. In 2017, we were registered in Moldova through our exclusive partner - AO Pro-Development - and started implementing projects directly through a local team.
Presently, we implement development cooperation projects aimed at improving the homecare sector in Moldova, establishing medico-social centers in Vulcănești, Ocnița and Grigoriopol districts, bringing IT solutions to the health and social sectors and building a functional waste management system in Criuleni. Our strategic objectives are focused on the following priority intervention sectors: civil society development, inclusive social development, primary healthcare support, innovation and waste/water management.
More information on CCR’s work in Moldova can be found on:
- Ensure overall visibility of the mission in Moldova
- Design and implement communication annual and monthly work plans
- Contribute to the elaboration, implementation and continuously monitor a communication and visibility plan
- Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations of CCR in the field of communication and visibility
- Manage the web page and social media platforms of the Mission, track media coverage and identify new channels
- Prepare and update periodic projects fact sheets and news about the projects’ most important achievements, and communication materials and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts, photos, articles, newsletters etc.)
- Engage with the Head of Mission and Project managers to collect regular updates, communication materials and develop success stories
- Collaborate with internal team and field staff in creation of communication content and maintain open communication with management
- Closely cooperate with HQ communication team to ensure smooth and sufficient flow of communication materials from the mission to HQ
- Implement Foreign Agenda Communication strategy in liaison with HQ requirements and in cooperation with HQ Editor of Foreign Topics and Copywriter
- Contribute to conducting public events, such as round tables, lectures, press conferences regarding project activities etc.
- Translate materials from Romanian into English and vice versa
- Liaise with implementing partners and other stakeholders to ensure CCR’s visibility
- Create and maintain close relationship with the media, offer regular updates on the CCR projects
- Undertake any other related tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- University degree, preferably in public relations, journalism or another relevant field
- Experience in graphic design/media software, video editing and photography
- Experience in managing website content
- Good organizational skills and ability to analyse information
- Motivation, creativity and ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a diverse team, managing stressful situations and results oriented
- Excellent Romanian both written and spoken.
- Relevant experience working with NGOs for at least 2 years
- Proficient English both written and spoken
V. What we offer
- Mentoring by national and international communication experts/consultants
- Paid related-work courses (e.g. English courses, etc.)
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid vacation, social and medical package according to national legislation
- Stable international organization with a long experience in the field of development cooperation
VI. How to apply
The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume.
Please write “Communication Officer CCR" in the Subject line. Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant_ first name_ name of position_CV
Last name of applicant_ first name_name of position_Cover letter
The deadline for submission is 24 December 2021, at 18:00. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline. CCR reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.