FAO in partnership with the Government of Moldova is implementing the project GCP/MOL/007/GCR “Mainstreaming adaptation into planning process to reduce vulnerability to climate change at local and central levels in Moldova’s Agriculture Sector (Ag. SAP)”. The main objective is to support the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry (MAFI) to conduct comprehensive work to ensure climate change adaptation is mainstreamed into planning processes in the agriculture sector, ensuring a gender sensitive approach and the participation of all vulnerable groups.
The incumbent will work under overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Moldova, the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) of the project as well as in close consultation with the International Consultant, National Technical Advisor and the National Designated Authority (NDA) – Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Moldova, the National Specialist on Climate Adaptation Mainstreaming will contribute to the implementation of the Ag.SAP project.
Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation preferably in agriculture.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Contribute to the development of climate impact and vulnerability assessment training program for the sectoral and local level stakeholders under the supervision of the International Consultant (IC). The content of training modules is to be adjusted to target groups;
· Conduct an instructor-led on-site, gender-responsive training program focused on climate change impact (or risks and vulnerability) assessment methodologies and approaches, as well as socio-economic assessment and valuation methodologies, based on training manual and modules developed by the IC and under his/her supervision and collaboration. The training programme is to be conducted at the district level to which 6 prioritised communities belong to, for around 40 technical planners in total (minimum 30% will be women), as well as NGOs and other relevant stakeholders in each of 6 priority districts;
· Conduct the training for sectoral technical planners tasked with the overall environment and climate change coordination of the agriculture sector and subordinated institutions who require a more profound understanding of the concepts behind vulnerability analyses, based on training manual and modules developed by the IC and under he/her supervision and collaboration. The training programme is to be conducted at the sector and intuitional level for around 35 technical planners (minimum 30% will be women), as well as sectoral experts, researchers ,NGOs and other relevant stakeholders with potential to be involved in the V&A assessment of agriculture sector.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· University degree in social or environmental sciences or other relevant field;
· At least 7 years of relevant experience in the areas related to the climate change, climate change adaptation and mitigation, preferably in agriculture;
· Relevant experience in technical cooperation projects in relation to environment, agriculture, rural development.
· Strong knowledge of climate change related issues in Moldova;
· Proven expertise working in a team environment and in the field;
· Good writing and communication skills in English and Romanian.
· Computer skills, in particular applications of the MS Office package and internet search;
· Affinity with the mandate and role of the United Nations and FAO.
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details to FAO-Moldova@fao.org by 28 September 2021 inclusive.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.