FAO in partnership with the Government of Moldova is implementing the project GCP/MOL/007/GCR “Mainstreaming adaptation into planning process to reduce vulnerability to climate change at local and central levels in Moldova’s Agriculture Sector (Ag. SAP)”. The main objective is to support the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry (MAFI) to conduct comprehensive work to ensure climate change adaptation is mainstreamed into planning processes in the agriculture sector, ensuring a gender sensitive approach and the participation of all vulnerable groups.
The incumbent will work under overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Moldova, the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) of the project as well as in close consultation with the International Consultant, National Technical Advisor and the National Designated Authority (NDA) – Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Moldova, the National Specialist on Climate Adaptation Mainstreaming will contribute to the implementation of the Ag.SAP project.
Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation preferably in agriculture, community development.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Identify the criteria for community selection for the development of community-level Climate Change Adaptation Plan under the supervision of the International Consultant (IC);
· Based on the methodological approach provided by the IC and under his/her guidance, apply community–based climate risks and/or vulnerability assessments methodology to identify specific climate vulnerabilities of 6 selected rural communities (villages). This assessment will also study the particular situation of women and youth, as well as of vulnerable groups in light of the impacts of climate change in those villages;
· Under the guidance of IC identify community-level adaptation measures and formulate them as community-level Action Plans of 6 communities. Draw on Moldovan communities’ knowledge on climate change adaptation;
· Undertake community level stakeholder consultation to validate the Adaptation Action plan and seek approval by the community level council;
· Under the guidance of IC prepare awareness raising materials and conduct awareness-raising and experience-sharing workshops on the implementation of finalised community-based adaptation Action Plan. Workshops will be conducted at the district level with at least 25-30 participants and ensure equal participation of women and youth.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· University degree in social or environmental sciences or other relevant field;
· At least 7 years of relevant experience in the areas related to the climate change, climate change adaptation and mitigation, preferably in agriculture, rural development, community development;
· Relevant experience in technical cooperation projects in relation to environment, agriculture, rural development.
· Strong knowledge of climate change related issues in Moldova;
· Proven expertise working in a team environment and in the field;
· Good writing and communication skills in English and Romanian.
· Computer skills, in particular applications of the MS Office package and internet search;
· Affinity with the mandate and role of the United Nations and FAO.
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details to FAO-Moldova@fao.org by 28 September 2021 inclusive.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.