DW Akademie is Deutsche Welle's center for international media development, journalism training and knowledge transfer. Our projects strengthen the human right to freedom of expression and unhindered access to information. DW Akademie empowers people worldwide to make independent decisions based on reliable facts and constructive dialogue. DW Akademie is a strategic partner of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). We also receive funding from the Federal Foreign Office and the European Union and are active in approximately 50 developing countries and emerging economies.
In the Republic of Moldova, DW Akademie and its partners are implementing a three-year project “Strengthening of Media and Information Literacy” (2020-2022). The project targets media consumers and is aimed at developing youngsters’ skills to use media safely, wisely and responsibly. To mainstream Media and Information Literacy (MIL) in the educational system, DW Akademie supports state educational institutions and civil society actors in developing innovative MIL training programs for teachers and promoting MIL within subject-relevant activities. DW Akademie also consults youth media in establishing new formats aimed at raising awareness on how to reflect one’s own media use among young people.
DW Akademie is looking for a Project Officer based in the Republic of Moldova (Part Time – 80%) to support our project team.
You will support the implementation of DW Akademie projects and report to the country Program Director. Your responsibilities include:
- Providing support for the implementation of the project, working together with program director and implementing partners on project administration, tracking, monitoring and evaluation.
- Planning and organising DW Akademie’s project activities (incl. trainings, consultations, visibility events).
- Networking with project stakeholders, donor community, and other media development organisations.
- Monitoring the state of media development, media regulation and press freedom/current state of press freedom in the Republic of Moldova.
- Developing and implementing a visibility strategy for DW Akademie’s activities in Moldova.
- Providing translation/interpretation of project-related communication Romanian/Russian/English.
Key skills and experience:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, social sciences, or another relevant field of study
- At least three years’ project management experience in media development, freedom of expression, and/or civil society
- Journalistic or media management experience is an asset
- Professional experience in the field of freedom of expression, media development and journalism is desired.
- In-depth knowledge of the media landscape in Moldova
- Knowledge of media and information literacy is an asset
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English/Romanian/Russian (German is an asset)
- Working in a dynamic international team
- DW Akademie’s training opportunities
- Flexible working hours; working from home or a co-working space (DW Akademie does not have an office in Moldova)
- 12-month contract (with option of extension) and a competitive salary
- Occasional business trips to project locations in Moldova and to Germany
To apply, please send a CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com by September, 24, 2021. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.