Short-term Paid Internship Opportunity: Part-time assistant to the Swiss junior expert working on a study in the vegetable value chain.
The project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, Optim–Opportunities through technologies and innovation is pleased to announce an opening for a short-term internship opportunity for a student or recent graduate with a major in agriculture, agronomy, economics, or related fields.
The Optim project is implemented by Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation. The intern will be contracted by Helvetas Moldova, the representation of Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation based in Chisinau.
Short information about the project
The Project “Opportunities through technologies and innovation in Moldova” –Optim is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), launched in Moldova in 2019. The project aims at supporting the economic development in the Republic of Moldova. Its primary objective is to bring improved employment and income opportunities for Moldovan women and men.
The approach applied by the project is called market systems development (MSD). This approach implies understanding the constraints faced by people in accessing or using services and products that could enable them to find a job or to generate income. The Optim project addresses these constraints by working with the existing stakeholders in the market. The approach builds on the available resources while focusing on the missing functions of the local business environment.
The project works through two sectors: agriculture and food processing and information and communication technologies (ICT), since the two sectors are important for the Moldovan economy in terms of their economic significance and their potential for creating economic opportunities.
From the beginning of September till the end of October the Swiss junior expert will be conducting a survey of stakeholders in the vegetable value chain in Moldova. In the frame of this assignment, the project is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to join the project team.
The internship is a part-time job in the project, specifically focusing on providing support to the Swiss junior expert. The position would require simultaneous translation from Romanian to English and frequent visits to rural areas of Moldova. Since the focus of the study is on the vegetable value chain, it is desirable that the candidate has a degree or is undergoing a program related to agriculture or agronomy (or similar experience or interest).
The duration of the internship: 01.09.2021-31.10.2021
The schedule and working hours will be agreed upon together with the intern and the expert.
The remuneration will be done on an hourly basis and at the agreed rate during the selection process.
– Graduate or a senior year student with a major in agriculture/agronomy/economics/ foreign languages or similar
– Fluency in written and spoken Romanian and English
– Excellent communication skills
– Punctuality and desire to learn
– High motivation and ability to work in a team
– Availability to accompany the expert during the visits to rural areas of Moldova
The willing candidates must submit their CV and motivation letter no later than 26.08.2021 to the following email: email@example.com
The application process will include shortlisting the candidates followed by interviews of only selected candidates.
Application deadline: 26.08.2021
Alte anunturi de angajare
- OSCE Mission to Moldova is hiring National Anti-Trafficking Experts (SSA)
- Internews în Moldova angajează Specialist în Finanțe
- Instituția Publică Centrul de Consiliere Agricola și Rurală anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de Cercetător științific
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, supravegherea și monitorizarea sistemelor și instrumentelor de plată
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal planificare strategică
- Asociația MAR anunță concurs pentru postul vacant Specialist în comunicare
- Extended Deadline: USAID/Moldova Vacancy Announcement - Project Management Specialist (Digital Development and Cybersecurity)
- Communications Assistant for USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA) project (extended period)
- Finance Associate (GS6) - UNDP Moldova Country Office - 16615
- Termen extins. Keystone Moldova contractează servicii de consultanță