CNFA is a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., dedicated to stimulating economic growth in the agricultural sector by nurturing entrepreneurship, private enterprise, and market linkages. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains and rural development, to increase people’s incomes, to develop skills in the rural workforce, and to facilitate exports.
CNFA is currently seeking qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded Moldova Rural Competitiveness Activity. This Activity is designed to strengthen linkages to domestic, regional, and international markets for high-value crops, improve agricultural practices, from production to post-harvest handling, enable compliance with European and international buyer standards, and promote agriculture-friendly policies and build a skilled workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as principal point of contact in Moldova for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP;
- Support the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives;
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
- Represent CNFA with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team;
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Ensure that synergies among Activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon;
- Ensure that the Activity focus remains on achieving results; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field including international development, agriculture, financial services, micro finance, business, and/or economics. Master’s degree is preferred;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of senior management experience working on USAID or other similar international donor-funded development projects;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, the private sector, and cooperatives;
- Strong technical expertise, management skills, and a strong command of English technical writing and communication skills;
- Knowledge of Moldovan agriculture and rural development context is highly preferred;
- Additional fluency in local languages preferred.
Women and Moldovan nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, please follow the link: https://cnfa.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/336
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.