Digital Dual VET Project
Tekwill is the place to be where people connect with ideas, resources, science, and industry to enhance excellence in information technology.
Tekwill brings prestige and influences the tech sector, the host university (UTM), and to Moldova by directly contributing to the entrepreneurship ecosystem. In addition, Tekwill aims to improve the skills needed within the IT sector, thereby creating high quality and well-paid jobs, and deterring the emigration of talented young people. By enabling the tech sector to continue to grow, Tekwill encourages local startups and existing companies to expand and attract international IT companies to invest in Moldova.
Tekwill is created with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Government of Sweden through Sida/Swedish International Development Agency in the framework of the project "Development of Moldova ICT Excellence Center" implemented by Moldovan Association of ICT Companies (ATIC) in partnership with Technical University of Moldova.
Tekwill is a “crossroad”, where people, community, ideas, resources, science, and industry meet to identify, facilitate, and enhance excellence in information technology. Driving the Moldovan ecosystem, as a leading connecter and networking facilitator, organizing and supporting local and regional tech-related events.
Tekwill contributes to the economic development of Moldova by providing:
- World-class education and training facilities, with up-to-date curricula, lecturers and laboratories;
- Associated business development assistance;
- Relevant research and development capabilities
Tekwill is created with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Government of Sweden through Sida/Swedish International Development Agency in the framework of the project "Development of Moldova ICT Excellence Center" implemented by ATIC in partnership with Technical University of Moldova.
About Dual VET:
In January 2018, the Government adopted a decision regulating the organization of initial dual VET in the RM. This creates a binding normative basis for dual VET, with clearly defined apprenticeship relations as well as mandates of state, companies and representative bodies of the economic sector. However, governance structures for public-private cooperation in dual VET are still not sufficiently consolidated. Key stakeholders involved in dual VET do not possess sufficient human resources (HR) and institutional capacities to host permanent social dialogue platforms.
Both state and private stakeholders expressed interest for further consolidating dual VET in Moldova. The adoption of the dual VET Regulation as well as the sustained increase of apprenticeships confirm such interest.
The role of private enterprises in driving dual VET has been strengthened. Around 100 companies are involved in dual VET initiatives, currently providing more than 1200 apprenticeship places yearly and subsequent employment chances to apprentices. The employability of young men and women is improved. According to a recent survey, the recruitment rate of dual VET graduates remains consistent at 60 per cent, considerably higher than the 49 per cent recorded between graduates of traditional VET system.
The project “Digital Dual VET” aims at enhancing skills and knowledge of VET students by offering access to relevant educational resources. The objective of the project is to provide qualitative educational content for learning within dual VET institutions, but not limited.
Project Manager’s objective:
The main role of the Project Manager of “Digital Dual VET” Project, is to ensure smooth implementation of all activities, related to digitalization of 10 courses, place on developed online platform, used by VET institutions in educational process.
- Evaluate the current status of programs proposed for digitalization of Dual VET programs in Republic of Moldova;
- Develop a detailed roadmap of implementation of project activities;
- Attract/select the providers/VET experts for of content development for 10 VET courses;
- Monitoring, recording and reporting on the progress of each activity (monthly);
- Maintain close and transparent communication with all private, corporate and institutional donors;
- Establishing the strategic and long-term direction of the project and its sustainability.
- Elaborate and submit narrative and financial reports
- Elaborate term of reference and organize tender for development of educational platform for online learning for VET institutions;
- Select and supervise the pool of experts for curricula development;
- Select the pool of experts to verify the curricula;
- Organize focus groups to evaluate the content absorption for various target groups;
- Create partnerships to promote Dual VET Program;
- Collect feedback from main stakeholders;
- Organize training for trainers to ensure integration of digital content into VET institutions educational offers;
Master’s degree in one of the following fields (or related to): Education, Public Policy, International Development, Business, Economics, Management, STEM, and other fields that are relevant to managing a large educational project;
At least six years of professional experience. At least three years of managerial experience. Experience of working with educational projects and/or knowledge is an advantage.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian/Russian and English is required;
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and collaborative platforms;
- High communication skills and proactivity;
- Result oriented, fast learning and open for new challenges;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and multicultural environment, both in a team and independently;
- Mature and positive attitude, with strong sense of quality.
- Initial Plan;
- Activity Report and continuation proposal;
- Samples of RFPs, SOWs or any other documentation to develop the content;
- Pool of trainers, samples of announcements, etc. for the training of teachers in available areas;
- Operational educational platform for online learning for VET students;
- User’s guidebook for LMS (learning management system)
- Monthly/semi-annual/final reports;
- Other required.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
The consultant will perform his/her duties in Moldova, as indicated in the SOW.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment will begin on/about July, 2021- June, 2022.
Interested candidates shall submit CV and motivation letter, in English, by June 15, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email will include the following information: Name/Surname/VET Project Manager.