People in Need Moldova
Request for Expression of Interest
Type of Appointment:
6 months, with a possibility of extension
People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 26 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Moldova for the last 18 years and has an office in Chisinau.
People in Need is recruiting a Finance Assistant to be part of the team of approximately 12 people. Finance Assistant will be based in Chisinau with occasional business trips to the field. Finance Assistant will report to Finance Manager and have functional link with the Administrative/Procurement Officer as well as with HQ Accountant in Prague.
B. SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for overall daily accountancy work and administrative tasks for PIN’s office in Chisinau. The Finance Assistant will work in close coordination with People in Need’s senior management in Moldova, namely the Finance Manager, Administrative/Procurement Officer and Country Director.
C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In a collaborative partnership with team members and under the supervision of People in Need’s Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant is responsible for overall grants’ administration, financial documentation, and accountancy and reporting.
In particular, the Finance Assistant shall work on:
Financial documentation and Accountancy
- Checking the financial status of running grants, offered to PIN’s beneficieries
- Gather/prepare and store PIN Moldova financial documentation for bank payments (invoices) and assure completeness, quality, and translation of necessary information
- Posting and linking of advances, invoices, creation/modification of vendor cards
- Monthly posting of bank statements for accounts and linking with invoices
- Work with HQ accountant – work on corrections according to comments from HQ accountant, cooperation for problem resolving and quarterly, yearly closure
Management of Cash Register
- Prepare and store cash register documentation according to PIN's standard templates and procedures
- Posting cash vouchers for all cash movements, assure adequate cash flow, monthly cash counts
- Approval and Archiving (in ELO digital archive system)
- Archive Contracts in ELO (complete key wording and send to Navision. Archive hardcopies with Navision number)
- Upload invoices and other financial documentation in ELO, run approval workflow, assure that attachments are complete and clear, check linkage of invoice to contract, check linkage to tender if applicable
- Upload scans of cash vouchers on a monthly basis and follow up on corrections
- Upload approved invoices in bank for payment
- KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Finance/Accounting qualification and/or relevant work experience in finance department.
- Fluency in English and Romanian languages. Russian communication skills are a strong advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS office and high computer literacy is required.
- Highly organized & attentive to small details.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and plan effectively.
- A strong sense of integrity and willingness to pass the knowledge to others.
- Experience with budget management, financial forecasting and donor compliance issues.
- Proven experience and good knowledge of office administration processes, procurement and techniques.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to the Finance Manager and accountable to People in Need’s Senior Management in Chisinau and Headquarters in Prague.
- PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
The position is required for 6 months with an expected start in June 2021.
- SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: State and private health insurance.
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references
The above shall be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and use subject heading: Ref: Finance Assistant.
Deadline for applications: May 31, 2021, by COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls please.