For more details, please visit UNDP Moldova's Service Center page, at:
|Application Deadline:||26 Mai 2021, 16:30 (GMT+2:00)|
Electoral support and capacity development are part of UNDP’s democratic governance assistance worldwide, through which UNDP helps nations build democratic frameworks to improve representation, accountability, and transparency for the benefit of citizens.
UNDP has a long-standing partnership with the Central Electoral Commission (CEC) aiming at advancing the democratic electoral processes in Moldova by consolidating the transparency and efficiency of elections’ management, modernization of electoral IT solutions and enhancing the inclusiveness and participation of voters. This partnership, which spans over 10 years, resulted in the establishment of a strong professional institution, development of a modern State Automated Information System “Elections” (SAISE), the enhancement of the State Register of Voters’ accuracy and the design and implementation of effective long-term civic and voter education instruments.
Since 2017, the Project "Enhancing democracy in Moldova through inclusive and transparent elections” supports the Central Electoral Commission to enhance the transparency and inclusiveness of the electoral process in Moldova by ensuring a more independent and credible electoral administration and better informed and pro-active citizens.
With the continuous UNDP assistance, the CEC demonstrated a high capacity of carrying out transparent, safe and “well-administered” elections (as attested by OSCE/ODIHR Observation Mission) throughout challenging electoral cycles, including the 2020 Presidential Elections, organized in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Building on the sustainable results achieved during its first phase of implementation (2017 – 2020), the objectives of the current Project phase (2020 – 2023) are:
- Enhance the inclusiveness of the electoral process by increasing the functional and technical capacities of the State Automated Information System “Elections” (SAISE);
- Improve the legal and regulatory framework to respond to the EOM recommendations;
- Strengthen the capacity for effective and coherent oversight and monitoring on political party financing; and
- Enhance the political participation of citizens by setting up and implementing the voters’ information and civic education programs.
To achieve the objectives and ensure the sustainability of results, the Project will further enhance strategic partnerships and will engage with key stakeholders, including public institutions, civil society organizations and the donor community. The Project’s interventions will have systematic and significant implications at policy/ legislation, coordination, institutional and electoral service provision levels, with a sustainable impact at the national level.
In support of this goal and as part of the Plan of Activities for 2021 and 2022, the Project aims to implement a series of thematic programmes in the field of elections and democracy, that will be focused on strengthening the citizens’ electoral literacy and ability to form an independent opinion on democratic processes by using online platforms and social media.
Scope of work
The EDMITE Project intends to contract an Electoral and Digital Literacy Expert (further referred to as “Consultant”) to provide expert support and technical guidance to the Project team in conceptualizing, developing, coordinating, and monitoring Electoral and Digital Literacy Programmes/activities, targeting youth, women, mass media representatives and public authorities. To achieve the stated objectives, she/he is expected to:
- Provide expertise for the conceptualization and/or update of electoral and democracy programmes focused on an increased targeted outreach;
- Provide expertise in the conceptualization and development of specific Electoral and Digital Literacy Programmes, with a focus on youth, women, mass media representatives and public authorities;
- Mentor and provide advice to the Programmes partners, including researchers, NGOs, mass media representatives through dedicated trainings, workshops, public events and offline/online debates;
- Contribute to the overall Communication and Visibility Plan on the Project and work closely with Strategic Communication and Civic Education Expert and Project Manager in ensuring high visibility and media coverage of the implemented activities;
- Prepare and maintain specific reporting tools in order to provide accurate reporting documents (including, but no limited to workshops, events, field trips, etc.);
- Produce and prepare knowledge products related to electoral and digital literary, including policy briefs, analytical reports, and researches.
Requirements for experience
- University degree or higher in Economic Sciences, Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Relations or another field relevant to this assignment.
- Certification in Project Management is an asset.
Experience and knowledge:
- At least 5 (five) years of experience in designing and coordinating projects and training programmes;
- At least 3 (three) years of experience in developing and using mentorship tools;
- Proven experience in producing research papers, studies in digital or social media fields;
- Previous experience in coordinating, monitoring and evaluating projects with civic campaign and raising awareness components is a strong asset;
- Proven experience in democratic governance and/or elections is a strong asset;
- Previous assignments within an UNDP Project or EU-funded Project or other international organization of relevance to the required tasks is a strong asset;
- Experience in working with local CSOs and mass-media is an asset;
- Experience in mainstreaming gender and human rights aspects is an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner;
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated experience in the design and delivery of lectures, trainings, workshops, or education seminars, as well as moderating/facilitating public events;
- Knowledge and sound understanding of election area (CEC roles and responsibilities, as well as Government institutions, NGOs and international donors working in this field);
- Fluency in Romanian, English, and Russian languages (verbal and written) is a must.
- Proven commitment to the core values of the United Nations, in particular respecting differences of culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, language, age, HIV status, disability, and sexual orientation, or other status;
- Responsibility, flexibility and punctuality, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
The UNDP Moldova is committed to workforce diversity. Women and men, persons with different types of disabilities, LGBT, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non‐citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.