Title: Project Administrative and Finance Associate, “Strengthened Participation and Civic Engagement among Young People in Moldova” Project
Call to Action:
- Are you passionate about youth participation and civic engagement?
- Are you great at multi-tasking, prioritizing and improving business processes?
- Are you a team player capable of working with colleagues of widely diverse backgrounds?
- Can you deliver the highest possible results in a very short period of time and in challenging circumstances?
If so, this might be the job for you.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Project Administrative & Finance Associate works under the direct supervision of Project Manager and under secondary supervision by Operations Manager. The incumbent will work in close cooperation with Project Communication Associate and other project staff of the Joint Fund, UNFPA relevant staff and national counterparts.
The Project Administrative & Finance Associate will have a key role in ensuring the effective implementation of the activities under the guidance of Project Manager by applying efficiently UNFPA programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems. It is expected that you maintain collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff from UNFPA CO.
Qualifications and Experience:
University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, public administration, and/or other related areas.
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 (seven) years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions and/or NGOs, is a very strong advantage.
- Knowledge of ATLAS / PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 19 April 2021.