IT expert to assist the National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova for developing a concept document on the Integrated Automted Information System (IAIS)
The EU funded project “Technical Assistance to Support the National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova” (ParStat) is seeking high-qualified national applicants for preparing a concept document on the Integrated Automated Information System (IAIS) that is being developed at the National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova. The document has to be compliant with the governmental technical regulation RT 38370656- 002:2006 (78/2006).
The EU funded Project is a Service Contract managed by the EU Delegation to Moldova and implemented by a consortium led by the Italian Geographical Society in partnership with the National Institutes of Statistics of Italy (Istat), Poland (Statistics Poland), Denmark (Statistics Denmark). The project’s partner institution is the National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova (NBS).
National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova, Chisinau
Duration of the consultancy:
3 months (20 working days)
Starting date of the consultancy:
March 2021 (indicative)
Individual contract for consulting services based on monthly timesheets
EU funded Project ParStat
Method of payment:
Based on satisfactory performance and deliverables
Qualification and skills:
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics, electronic engineering or ICT related subjects relevant for the assignment; In the absence of the required academic degree, six (6) additional years of experience in the fields of ICT or related fields of equivalent scope, on top of the years of experience described under Professional experience below;
- Postgraduate degree in the above areas will be considered an asset.
- Fluent in Romanian, Russian and English languages (minimum B2 of the European Language level, CEFR).
- Knowledge of the legal framework of the Republic of Moldova related to ICT.
- Knowledge of ICT policies, developed and implemented by the eGovernment Agency, such as MCloud, MConnect, MPay, MPAAS, MNotify.
- At least 10 years of professional experience relevant to the assignment.
- Experience in software design and architecture.
- Experience in software security and information security policies and standards.
- Proven experience in writing policy and automated information system concept documents in the field of ICT.
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently under the guidance of the NBS and the ParStat project.
- Communication skills and teamwork oriented.
- Prioritise actions and tasks, meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
Activities, expected results, deliverables, implementation approach, indicative timetable and remuneration
See the full Terms of Reference here (ToR - Expert on statistical information systems concept IT Manager.docx - Google Drive).
Job applications are open to individual experts.
Job applications must include:
- English Curriculum Vitae in Europass format completed with a recent photo (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae);
- Motivational letter in English (two pages maximum) signed by the applicant, explaining the compliance with eligibility criteria for the post applied and motivation. The letter should include a proposed expected fee rate in euro for working day. The expected rate should include all costs for the consultancy;
- At least two examples of achievements related to the applied position/s (see above under the section “Professional experience”);
- At least two references (including contact information of the signatory - phone number and e-mail address).
After the above deadline, no applications will be accepted, and any request of information will be ignored. Application emails exceeding the size of 5 MB will be not taken into consideration.
Please note that the candidates must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on. Candidatures from civil servants or agents of the NBS (who are currently employed or have worked in such a position until a date less than six months from the application deadline), will not be considered for the posts. Any false statements or documentation provided by applicants will result in the termination of the consultancy.
The successful candidates will sign individual contracts as service provider for consulting services. It will be their sole responsibility to comply with all legal requirements ruling in Moldova for self-employment or consultants as well as to cover all related taxes, charges, and health-related costs if any.
Only the candidates included in a short list will be invited by e-mail for an interview to be held at the NBS premises in Chisinau, or online. The shortlist will be defined based on the curriculum vitae, motivational letters, examples of achievements, and references provided by the candidates. The interviews may include practical exercises.
The selection process will be conducted by a selection panel composed by representatives of the NBS and ParStat project. The selection panel may decide not to select any candidate.