Open to national and international experts (for short term assignment)
Deadline: February 26, 2021 COB
Internews in Moldova is looking for an expert to provide in-house assistance for four Moldovan independent media outlets in developing their social media marketing strategies. Together with relevant staff members of these organizations, the expert will help establish Social Media Marketing Strategies. The Strategies will be tailored to the specific modus operandi for each outlet and would branch down into distinctive approaches to the available social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc). Alongside the outlet leadership, the expert will help establish both attainable and aspirational goals in their SM (social media) presence. Additionally, the expert will research the outlet’s target audience; and select their most important metrics and KPIs related to audience engagement. Lastly, the expert will guide the relevant staff on creating more engaging content specific to their audience and teach them how to utilize metric data to warrant improvements. This assistance will help local media outlets to increase brand awareness, expand audience reach and community engagement, and drive more traffic to their websites.
Note: The period of implementation, specific and more advanced topics for this consultancy, and the name of media organizations to work with will be discussed with the selected expert.
- Analysis of social media presence of these media organizations;
- Assessment of content, social media audience base, and competitive landscape of the media organizations;
- To provide a clear guide on how to develop a social media strategy and create it together with the social media staff members;
- To draft together with the media organizations an actionable plan to implement social media marketing strategies that align with its overall marketing and branding goals.
- Proven work experience as a digital media and social media marketing strategy development;
- Solid knowledge of digital marketing and social media, and in-depth understanding of new trends;
- Certification in Google Analytics, Google AdWords, or Facebook Advertising (Blueprint Certification) will be considered an asset;
- Previous experience in providing consultancy and training sessions in this area;
- Familiarity with the local media landscape would be an asset;
- Ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines;
- Capacity to analyze, monitor, synthesize and evaluate.
- An updated CV, including contact details for at least two references;
- Financial offer.
Application Submission Instruction
All interested experts are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to the following e-mail address: [email protected] with Social Media Marketing Strategy in the subject line, until February 26, 2021.
For any additional questions, please contact Internews in Moldova staff at +373 60500570.
This activity is part of the Netherlands’ funded project Boosting Support to Russian-language independent media and media literacy efforts and the Swedish development assistance financed Support to Moldovan Media and Innovative Media Literacy Efforts project, both implemented by Internews in Moldova.