Call to Action:
- Are you passionate about communication, public relations, social media and community engagement?
- Are you great at multi-tasking, prioritizing and continuously striving to learn something new?
- Are you a team player capable of working with colleagues of widely diverse backgrounds?
- Are you looking for new opportunities to grow and apply your creativity and technical expertise?
If so, this might be the job for you.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing the Country Programme 2018 - 2022 which is aligned with the Republic of Moldova–United Nations Partnership Framework for Sustainable Development 2018–2022 and the UNFPA Global Strategic Plan 2018 – 2021.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Communication Officer on Population and Development is responsible for leading the design, planning, and implementation of effective communication within population and development portfolio in alignment with UNFPA mandate. The Communication Officer will ensure visibility and manage all aspects of awareness raising and communication of the population and development portfolio under UNFPA Moldova Country Programme, in full compliance with the UNFPA Global Communication Strategy and corporate Guidelines. The programme’s objectives, successes and impacts will be communicated to a large public via the online and broadcast media and via high-profile events.
Communication Officer will lead communication activities in each of the projects under PD portfolio and have an overall approach in promoting key messages related to demographic changes and national statistical system in the Republic of Moldova. The incumbent will analyze relevant political, social and economic developments when planning, implementing projects’ communication, and advocacy activities.
His/her duties will include pitching the mass media, developing communication content and activities for UNFPA. S/he will also draft press materials as necessary, develop and engage media contacts in the area of Population and Development.
S/he maintains close cooperation with partners in the Government, civil society and international agencies to ensure synergy and avoid overlapping. Also, s/he participates in relevant meetings and events to share knowledge, exchange practices and provide inputs to various processes.
The Communication Officer works in close collaboration with all the team of the population and development portfolio in close cooperation with UNFPA Communication Analyst and UNFPA management for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex issues and information delivery.
Communication Officer works under the overall supervision of Programme Analyst on Population and Development with secondary supervision from the UNFPA Communications Analyst and Project Officers under Population and Development portfolio.
The Communication Officer will apply and promote the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach. It is expected that you maintain collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff from UNFPA as well as national counterparts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Level Degree (or equivalent) in communications, journalism, public relations, social policies or related field, or
- Bachelor's Level Degree in communications, journalism, public relations, social policies or related field plus 2 (two) additional years of relevant experience.
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 (five) years of relevant experience in the field of communication, journalism, public relations.
- Experience in managing the communication activities of development projects, preferably on social issues.
- Experience in communication on issues such as demographic changes, gender equality, ageing and related fields would be a strong advantage.
- Good understanding and experience of using innovative media tools, including social media.
- Experience in working with UN would be a strong advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written Romanian and English is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than 18 January 2021.