Call to Action:
- Are you passionate about communication, public relations, social media and community engagement?
- Do you like working with young people and making their voices heard?
- Are you great at multi-tasking, prioritizing and continuously striving to learn something new?
- Are you a team player capable of working with colleagues of widely diverse backgrounds?
- Are you looking for new opportunities to grow and apply your creativity and technical expertise?
If so, this might be the job for you.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in program results.
The Project Communication Associate will be responsible for the development and implementation of the communication strategy and action plan of the Join Fund. The Project Communication Associate will play an important role in promoting the National Network of Youth Centers and increasing awareness on civic engagement and participation of young people. The Project Communication Associate will analyze relevant political, social and economic developments when planning, implementing projects’ communication, and advocacy activities
The role of this function is to ensure visibility and strategic communication of the Joint Fund at all levels of its intervention: policy, institutional and population level. Also, the Project Communication Associate will have to ensure adequate communication but also increased visibility of the youth centers, youth workers, LPA, young people as well as of the donor organizations from the project (MECR, SDC, UNFPA).
The Project Communication Associate will have to mobilize young people and co-create with Youth centres creative communication initiatives, with a potential to raise awareness about the Yount centres among young people, LPAs, donors and other strategic stakeholders.
The Project Communication Associate will apply and promote the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNFPA rules and regulations. It is expected that the incumbent will maintain collaborative relationships with all staff from UNFPA CO.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 (seven) years of experience in the field of communication, journalism, public relations.
- Experience in managing the communication activities of development projects, preferably on social issues/youth topics.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills and ability to write human stories, thematic messages press releases in a human touch way;
- Strong creativity and understanding of youth dynamics in communications is required for this position
- Good understanding and use of new media tools, including social media.
- Fluency in oral and written Romanian and English is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than 26 January 2021.