The Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) is a USAID-funded program implemented by CNFA in Moldova. The goal of the F2F project is to generate rapid economic growth in the agricultural sector. As part of project activities, F2F is striving to increase awareness and disseminate information on the advantages of organic agriculture. For this, the F2F Project is seeking a Communication Consultant who has the capability and experience to deliver Public Relations and Communication Services.
The Communications Consultant will be seconded to the Moldova Organic Value Chain Alliance (MOVCA) and will support the collection and dissemination of relevant information to farmers (on the advantages of organic production) and consumers (on the need to support organic production).
This consultancy is a part-time assignment (subject to 20 hours per week) and expected to begin in January 2021 and the contract duration is estimated for a period of 12 months. Subject to the Consultant’s satisfactory performance, the contract may be renewed.
- The Communications Consultant will oversee communication activities, including adhering to all reporting and presentation requirements, devising communication strategies that align with CNFA and donor approaches, and effectively conducting outreach to targeted groups. This includes ensuring effective and timely communications and coordination with organic producer organizations, especially with the CNFA, MOVCA, and Selectia teams, and activities to relevant public, private and non-profit actors, and the Moldovan public at large.
- S/he will lead local media outreach and be responsible for the coordination and delivery of designated events, including national and international conferences: organizing, producing information, and overseeing the creation of promotional materials, and facilitating stakeholder participation in events.
- S/he will support all aspects of communication with organizations working within the organic agriculture value chain in Moldova, facilitate marketing/promotion of the organic agriculture value chain, and foster transparent, continual dialogue between partners, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- The Communications Consultant will report directly to the CNFA Moldova Country Director.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience;
- At least 5 years of previous work experience in Communication and content development of communication materials, editing and writing of stories;
- Experience working with USAID-funded programs or other donor-funded programs preferred;
- Experience or exposure to agricultural topics, familiarity with Moldovan organic agriculture stakeholders will be an advantage;
- Demonstrated knowledge of media relations and digital media strategies;
- Proficient with MS Office applications; and
- Outstanding oral and written English and Romanian skills required. Russian language skills will be considered an advantage;
- Knowledge of web traffic metrics as a tool to promote and improve outreach;
- Proven track of positive relations with national and local media;
- Good organizational and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated experience in planning complex events, including using online platforms;
- Proven ability to work professionally and constructively as part of a team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in challenging environments.
- Basic knowledge of design software (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems will be an advantage;
- Photography, video development, graphic design, web design, or other relevant skills, will be an advantage.
Candidates will submit a writing sample (in one of the following languages: Romanian, Russian or English) and a detailed CV in English by email, in MS Word or PDF format before January 15, 24:00, Moldova local time, to email@example.com
No phone calls, please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CNFA (Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture) is a USAID-funded organization supporting agribusiness economic development in transitional countries.